Going For A 4.25" Bend

SHRUG

I just picked up a piece of 1/4" X 48" crs at my local hardware store. I am going to see if I can fully U a piece cut to 4.25", I will go shorter if I get it. I will let you guys know how it goes. I may enter the next online bending contest and I want to see how short I can go for sure. :rock

I think you should be able to get it. My 4 5/8" ended up looking more like a V than a U. Approx 1 1/4" between the ends so it's a legal bend, but it was resisting the parallel that's easier on the longer pieces.

My prediction: the first part will be pretty easy. The second part might suck because on something so short you'll be pretty much trying to poke them right into your palms, but with sufficient padding I imagine you should be able to get it close. Prolly have to re-wrap it to get the ends parallel.

Let us know how it goes!

Edited by CMunger

James, in that fight my money's on you!