Standard inventory update

Cannon

Right now we have a decent stock of Tin, Zinc, Silver, Copper, Iron, and Tungsten.

Cobalt is one level that is in stock right now, but if you want one soon, do not wait. More are coming but this one could sell out in the short term. 

Titanium is freshly back in stock! 

Gold and Nickel are coming VERY soon. It looks like still this month. I just posted 2 Golds that I found hanging around. GripBoard exclusive intel right there. :) 

Platinum is a tough spot. We had issues with the last batch of springs. We only got about 100 that could be Pt so we built those (and they're already gone) and the rest of those springs got turned into Copper. Our spring manufacturer is severely short-staffed and WAY behind on purchase orders. We will probably have to wait for 1st quarter 2024 to get more Pt springs. 

Unobtainium is also moving slow. I really really wanted those before the holidays and it might not happen. This at least could still happen but depends on a couple factors not totally under our control. Keep your fingers crossed for a holiday miracle. :santa:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Also, another GripBoard Exclusive!

After Tom (Standard's original machinist) passed away, there were odds and ends at his shop that we obtained and have just been sitting. I had some time to organize some of the parts and it turns out that I can make 5 complete sets of the Standard Adjustable grippers. 

Generally each set will have regular handles, an extended smooth, an extended knurled, and then the following springs: Silver, Iron, Wide Iron, and Tungsten. Then there will be 1 or 2 sets which also have a Titanium spring.

This product is otherwise discontinued. It turns out that Tom's pricing on this work was WAYYY too good. The entire product doesn't make any sense currently at new rates. That's not to say that we don't find a solution in the future, but it's not on the table at this time. 

Watch the Standard gripper page for these to show up, probably in the next couple days. I will also post here when they are up. 

image.png.2116bfed2d5454aeca40957c6b86a1f3.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Just happened to check at the right time!

There are only 5 sets. 

2 are gone!

• Like 2

I knew they wouldn’t last long, so I’m super pumped!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

got one

Me too!

• Like 1

One left. I updated the page because this last set is missing the titanium spring and the knurled extended handle. It is also cheaper though :) 

• Like 3

On 12/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, Cannon said:

Also, another GripBoard Exclusive!

After Tom (Standard's original machinist) passed away, there were odds and ends at his shop that we obtained and have just been sitting. I had some time to organize some of the parts and it turns out that I can make 5 complete sets of the Standard Adjustable grippers. 

Generally each set will have regular handles, an extended smooth, an extended knurled, and then the following springs: Silver, Iron, Wide Iron, and Tungsten. Then there will be 1 or 2 sets which also have a Titanium spring.

This product is otherwise discontinued. It turns out that Tom's pricing on this work was WAYYY too good. The entire product doesn't make any sense currently at new rates. That's not to say that we don't find a solution in the future, but it's not on the table at this time. 

Watch the Standard gripper page for these to show up, probably in the next couple days. I will also post here when they are up. 

image.png.2116bfed2d5454aeca40957c6b86a1f3.png

Could you post the picture of approximate strengths at the various depths of the springs that was on the item page? I didn't grab a screenshot before the web page was gone. Apologies if this listed elsewhere; just couldn't find it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

I don't know how I never noticed until now that Wide Iron only has 3 numbers instead of 4. :erm

I would guess that the 156 would be the flush rating, so maybe the level 3 would be ~120?

2 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I would guess that the 156 would be the flush rating, so maybe the level 3 would be ~120?

That's what I think too. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Could you post the picture of approximate strengths at the various depths of the springs that was on the item page? I didn't grab a screenshot before the web page was gone. Apologies if this listed elsewhere; just couldn't find it. 

Nothing's ever truly gone if someone else saves a copy - https://web.archive.org/web/20230609073732/https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/standard-adjustable-set

• Like 1