Brian Shaw Blob/Inch lifts

EmilBB

Thought people on here would enjoy this, he lifts the entire blob series and lifts a 230lb inch which I guess is the millennium dumbbell.

If you wanna skip all the talking, here's the timestamps: at 8:40 he does the blob series & at 17:00 he lifts the 230lb bell

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Thought people on here would enjoy this, he lifts the entire blob series and lifts a 230lb inch which I guess is the millennium dumbbell.

If you wanna skip all the talking, here's the timestamps: at 8:40 he does the blob series & at 17:00 he lifts the 230lb bell

Good stuff!  Thanks for sharing...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure people on here will love it. I actually watched this last night. Shaw makes it look so easy but also I was really impressed with the big NFL dude he had training with him. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure people on here will love it. I actually watched this last night. Shaw makes it look so easy but also I was really impressed with the big NFL dude he had training with him. 

That NFL guy had some really great lifts--especially for not really touching/training on those exact implements.

I sent a couple questions to @Jedd Johnson for his #31DaysOfQnA to get his thoughts on this video.

Mostly want to know how he'd do in a similar medley (and who else might be able to give it a good go) and general thoughts on the NFL guy (and his potential).

I imagine there's some stuff Jedd would notice or pick up on that I wouldn't.  So it could be a fun one for him to do.  I'd enjoy it anyway...

• Like 4

supper cool video. gets me jacked up were I want to go out and lift heavy stuff .

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

supper cool video. gets me jacked up were I want to go out and lift heavy stuff .

EXACTLY!!!  Watching this video makes me want to go downstairs and lift a big ol' block weight, a baby Inch dumbbell, or maybe one in each hand?!?

• Like 1

Just for "fun" I looked at eBay to see how much it would cost to fill some gaps in my blob collection to have a complete run from half 45 to half 125.

Somewhat shocked by the price for a humble half 55.  Half 70 was a bit more.  But goodness what a jump to half 90.  I didn't even pay that much for my Fat Man in April 2022.

Can't even imagine what it would cost to recreate Brian Shaw's medley from scratch.  Those dumbbells can't be cheap, either!

Brian Shaw could literally pick me up while i was holding an inch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4