Rare Baraban gripper?

martincerven

I got this RB240 gripper in the summer, has anyone seen one without chrome on spring?

When compared side by side, the chrome looks so nice, it would be cool to see it on other gripper brands 😉

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg

• Like 1

Tthose are actually quite common, especially on the 240. I feel like literally every second or third 240 has a non-chrome spring like that, no idea why :D

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alex K said:

Tthose are actually quite common, especially on the 240. I feel like literally every second or third 240 has a non-chrome spring like that, no idea why :D

+

Most of the RBs that CPW has ever sold have that “natural” spring. Robert offers a few spring options and I don’t actually like the chrome so always ordered natural whenever possible. And I believe Robert used the word natural to describe piano wire right off the coil. It has a good surface finish without being polished, but he also offers polished and chromed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Most of the RBs that CPW has ever sold have that “natural” spring. Robert offers a few spring options and I don’t actually like the chrome so always ordered natural whenever possible. And I believe Robert used the word natural to describe piano wire right off the coil. It has a good surface finish without being polished, but he also offers polished and chromed. 

I see, I ordered directly from his website where only option is chromed spring, that’s why I wondered why this one is “natural” 😄