Brookfield's Books

danegarreau

i was thinking of buying one john brookfields books, i was just wondering whitch one was better, "mastery of hand strength", or "gripmasters manual"?

Ditto with the other guys. I think MOHS has a lot more interesting ideas and content. But, Gripmaster's manual is pretty damn cool. Get both if you can.

Get both. The information in both isn't redundant, and if you actually try some of the odd exercises brookfield reccommends you will be amazed at the results.

i also have both. they are good but for the full affect i would reccomend both....... :D

I own both. I think MOHS lays a better foundation for someone getting into grip but GMM is also a great read. I think you need to read MOHS to fully appreciate GMM. The best part about the GMM is where he shows you how to perform certain feats, like card tearing.

Guest Phil 27

I would definitely obtain both if at all possible. I own both and find great info from each to supplement my training. Anyways I highly recommend each. :cool

I wish Brookfield would put out a video showing off all his grip feats!!

Brookfield's Site

Quote:

Videos Coming Soon

Available January 31st

For now check out the video on the homepage - damn!!! I don't know how much those clubs weigh, but it looks mighty impressive to me, especially the control he exerts over them. Check it out for yourself.

I am the person who taped the video and the weight is not the important thing, but it is more the centrifugal force on them. They weigh approximately 30 pounds, but are very bottom heavy which is the feat. John will be putting out a video of his best stuff soon, be looking for it!

I prefer Th Grip Masters Manual just because it's got extra's on hand health and lots of suplimentary exercises, whereas Mastery Of Hand Strength is the the bare bones(which are needed) both are excellent

Both books complement each other well I think.

did you guys order mastery of hand strength? i went to chapters to get it, looked it up on their comp and it said no more are being printed and they have none.

where you guys get yours?

While this topic is still up, can anyone reccomend his cable training book? I plan on getting it and some cables eventually, but a good reccomendation would expedite this purchase.

i don't know much about it, but why would you want to use cables instead of free weight? any advantages?

I got the book with my cables. It's worth it. I wouldn't have figured how versitile the cables are without the book.

-HH

You can also order books from John's website and he will have them shipped to you! Order through Paypal and you can even use your credit card. www.samsonscroll.com