Fat Bastard Barbell - new owner?

Vinny F

FBBC website had been closed a while.  I checked website and its open but also noted under new management and someone named Shawn is taking over.

There doesn't appear to be new contact info.

Anyone know anything more?

• Like 1

I don't know what their old contact info was, but the order page says "Last update: 11/25/2023." And the mailing address has Shawn's name in it.

Having said that, I sent an email to the one that is provided on the order page two days ago for a few items and haven't heard back yet. Maybe they are just busy with the transition or time of year, I don't know. Hope for an update soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charles Jones said:

I don't know what their old contact info was, but the order page says "Last update: 11/25/2023." And the mailing address has Shawn's name in it.

Having said that, I sent an email to the one that is provided on the order page two days ago for a few items and haven't heard back yet. Maybe they are just busy with the transition or time of year, I don't know. Hope for an update soon.

Thanks!  I totally overlooked the "order" button on the bottom left. I see info there now.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 12:10 AM, Charles Jones said:

Hope for an update soon.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:56 PM, Vinny F said:

Anyone know anything more?

Just to update, I got an email back from Shawn. He is very busy with the store reopening and holiday orders. So, if anybody has submitted an order, he is hard at work and will respond soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had a wonderful chat with Shaun today as I inquired about some custom final form v-bars.  FBBC is very much in business and ready to meet the demands of stock items and can do custom orders as well.  Shaun had been making all of the implements the past decade so the same high quality can be expected.  He has some plans for the future and I am looking forward to continue working with FBBC for a long time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I`m tried to contact with Shawn via grandfatbastard@gmail.com  - one week ago, and on this moment i not receive any response. 

Have got some interest to FBBC grippers - can anyone tell me the contact form for Shawn and do they still make grippers to order? I have 4 of them and would like more. And how can I contact Shawn about order?

• Like 1

they haven’t made grippers in many many years…. The last guy Andrew was thinking about it but no idea about the new guy.

Anyone heard if there is a plan to update the website at all? For example certifications?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Have got some interest to FBBC grippers - can anyone tell me the contact form for Shawn and do they still make grippers to order? I have 4 of them and would like more. And how can I contact Shawn about order?

I don't know if they changed plans, but I got this answer about grippers from Andrew in August, 2022: "Sorry all the grippers are discontinued."

If somebody is interested what kind of grippers they made, the webpage is still alive actually, it's just not clickable from the main page:
FBBC Grippers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/23/2024 at 4:15 PM, TeamGupta said:

I had a wonderful chat with Shaun today as I inquired about some custom final form v-bars.  FBBC is very much in business and ready to meet the demands of stock items and can do custom orders as well.  Shaun had been making all of the implements the past decade so the same high quality can be expected.  He has some plans for the future and I am looking forward to continue working with FBBC for a long time.

I hope his plans include a simple Shopify website where you can purchase products. Modernized online shopping would help FBBC tremendously. 

• Like 5

I’d definitely like to see these guys go on… always enjoyed their bending stock.

19 minutes ago, VintageWeightsPGH said:

I hope his plans include a simple Shopify website where you can purchase products. Modernized online shopping would help FBBC tremendously. 

They should just have a collection at CPW and drop-ship. :) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:39 PM, devinhoo said:

Anyone heard if there is a plan to update the website at all? For example certifications?

Yes, I hear his plan is to get the new website up ASAP with a modern online storefront rather than the archaic email-invoice method they've been using. Bringing back certifications is also on the agenda. I think some of us are essentially hoarding FBBC bend cert videos for that release 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2024 at 4:14 PM, Cannon said:

They should just have a collection at CPW and drop-ship. :) 

That'd be great!