Reactions | Back by popular demand!

Cannon

Hello Grip Nerds! 

We have restored the "can see reactions" ability for ALL of the Contributor Group subscriptions

Your feedback is important to me and many people who could previously see who gave reactions have reached out and said they really enjoyed the feature. Many felt that knowing who interacted with their posts heightened the connection it was possible to make in an online community. I tend to agree. I want the people who love the GripBoard enough to support community to be able to reap all the benefits of the community.

In researching who ever had or lost this feature, well it's a bit messy. But it was clearly tied to the Contributor Groups so I am comfortable keeping it there. There was also an issue that some members with long-expired subscriptions still had level benefits. If you feel you had it or lost it for some other reason, I have exhausted ways to troubleshoot. For clarity in how it works now, it is strictly tied to the Contributor Groups. 

For a vast majority of members--like 98%--you might never have known the reactions were anything except anonymous. Now you know it's out there if you're interested in diving deeper into this great community. :flowers:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Hello Grip Nerds! 

We have restored the "can see reactions" ability for ALL of the Contributor Group subscriptions

Your feedback is important to me and many people who could previously see who gave reactions have reached out and said they really enjoyed the feature. Many felt that knowing who interacted with their posts heightened the connection it was possible to make in an online community. I tend to agree. I want the people who love the GripBoard enough to support community to be able to reap all the benefits of the community.

In researching who ever had or lost this feature, well it's a bit messy. But it was clearly tied to the Contributor Groups so I am comfortable keeping it there. There was also an issue that some members with long-expired subscriptions still had level benefits. If you feel you had it or lost it for some other reason, I have exhausted ways to troubleshoot. For clarity in how it works now, it is strictly tied to the Contributor Groups. 

For a vast majority of members--like 98%--you might never have known the reactions were anything except anonymous. Now you know it's out there if you're interested in diving deeper into this great community. :flowers:

I didn't know that they COULD be anonymous - I don't know that I ever couldn't see who reacted to my posts (or other posts).  But I think I have always been a contributor, except maybe for a very brief period when I was annoyed about something lol.  But I am a big fan and longtimer now, and I plan to stay level 3 or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cannon said:

Hello Grip Nerds! 

Great, thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cannon said:

Hello Grip Nerds! 

This is Great news. I used to be able to see who was reacting. It's still on "someone" for now. Any idea when it will be changed back out of curiosity? 

I'm guessing it could take a while to sort this all out. 

1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

This is Great news. I used to be able to see who was reacting. It's still on "someone" for now. Any idea when it will be changed back out of curiosity? 

I'm guessing it could take a while to sort this all out. 

I think only contributors can see who reacts

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I think only contributors can see who reacts

Ah yes thanks so it is. I misread that, I'm tired. I've slept very little thank to my delightful neighbours who thought it would be fun to start blasting music at 2am. 

• Like 1