Pat Povilaitis-world's Best Unbraced Bender

3Crusher

It was an unusually warm and sunny day when I awoke last Monday, December 29th. With great anticipation Grip Brothers, I ate my breakfast, said my prayers, and took my vitamins and started my 85 mile journey to the estate of Mr. Pat Povilaitis. There was no traffic, and no other obstacles to delay my scheduled mid morning arrival. Since a traffic-free trip is a rare occurence when traveling from Long Island, New York to New Jersey, I knew that all the planets seemed to be aligned for something great to happen. It was just something I could feel in the air. Well, I was greeted at the door by Mr. Povilaitis, and went inside his house. After talking and watching some tapes of some other strength athletes for about an hour, it was time that some unfinished business was taken care of. The day started off with some squats, which was followed by some light stone lifting, only working up to Pat's 292 pound smooth granite sphere. No tacky was used to assist in lifting the stones. Now that the blood was pumping, The Terminator got down to business. The destruction that I witnessed was as follows: 200 kg, 225kg, 260 kg, and 270 challenge bars. Even though they are called challenge bars, they were not much of a challenge for Pat. After this little warmup, down went a Red Nail. ABSOLTELY SMOKED!! Pat then cut a red nail down to 5.75 inches. He made a valiant attempt, passing out twice during his first fight with this little beast. Instead of immediately proceeding to have a second fight with this 5.75 inch Red Nail, He decided to then do a "backoff set" with a Red Nail cut down to 6.5 inches. He finished this faster than the uncut Red Nail (which is 7 inches long). He then fought with the 5.75 inch Red Nail 4 more times and got it way past a 90 degree bend. I was surprised he could not finish it off. After this, he took a Red Nail cut to 6 inches, and put a good kink in it. This is a man that is not your normal human being. Instead of continuing his fight with the 6 inch Red, Pat then attempted to destroy a 270 kg challenge bar with 1 inch removed, leaving it at 4.5 inches. He put forth 4 huge fights, and almost got it to about a 60 degree bend. Awesome. If he tried this earlier, it surely would have bitten the dust. After all this, Pat "cooled down" with bends of a 6 inch grade 8 bolt, a huge drill bit, and grade 5 bolts of 6 inches, 5.5 inches and 5 inches. After this he did a couple of horseshoes and decided to call it a day. I just observed this whole spectacle in total disbelief. After this, Pat whipped up a buffalo chicken pizza, and we ate like gluttons. Post feast, Pat went back downstairs, and actually tried to finish off the 5.75 inch red once again, and also tried another uncut red nail. He was absolutely spent at this point, but put forth a heroic effort nonethelsess. All in all, an absolutely record shattering display and strength and stamina by The Terminator. I was lucky enough to witness the whole thing. Oh yeah, by the way, so was my video camera. ;)

Don't tease me with the video comment show me!!!!

I got so excited I forgot to add my congratulations on some great bending :bow

Edited by macronan

• 2 weeks later...

I have reviewed the video. Incredible! I now have my high speed connection back at home so the video clips will be coming as soon as I can clip them (this weekend).

I wanted to update this given the IronMind ticker.

Standards are being set. Awesome job Pat ! I can't believe you really strained on your grade 5 video ! You like to make things look hard don't you ? :tongue

Simply awesome :bow

I'm sooooooo pumped to see this!

Will this not be the first red nail bend to be publicly seen on video?

Will this not be the first red nail bend to be publicly seen on video?

I think it will be.

Great article steve and the pics are amazing in Daves IG magazine!

cant wait to see the video

Pat has to be the leading bar bender in the world to date.

Keep it up mate :)