Men's Masters Rankings Added to North American Grip Rankings

Eric Roussin

I turn 53 in a couple days, so its personally inspiring to see these names in a Men's Masters list.  Some of the strongest people in grip sport to this day...

Thank you, Eric! 

• Like 5

Dingey and McMurren aging into the master's division in the last year have made it very competitive.

McMurren's thickbar has exploded in the last year. The guy did a deadlift everyday routine on a 2 1/2" axle...outside...even in the winter.

Rivellese would probably be a couple of places higher if he would train something other than grippers. His gripper strength is still increasing in his mid 50's which is amazing.

Odd is an icon and a treasure. We are lucky to be able to watch him lift and have the opportunity compete with him.

And Dingey, well, he has lifting shoes that match his truck and Camaro.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, WorksinaPinch said:

Dingey and McMurren aging into the master's division in the last year have made it very competitive.

Yeah, those guys aren't "strong for over 50."  They are just "strong, period."

16 minutes ago, WorksinaPinch said:

Rivellese would probably be a couple of places higher if he would train something other than grippers. His gripper strength is still increasing in his mid 50's which is amazing.

Why, thank you.  But if I trained anything other than grippers, then you might not be able to say that my gripper strength is still increasing in my mid-50s lol.  Quite honored to be 7th on THAT list no matter what I train.

17 minutes ago, WorksinaPinch said:

Odd is an icon and a treasure. We are lucky to be able to watch him lift and have the opportunity compete with him.

Imagine if there had BEEN grip sport in 1980 when Odd was 30?!?  He's an inspiration for sure.

• Like 2

It would be nice to know the age for all the Masters lifters.  In my personal experience there is a massive difference between strength levels when becoming a Master at 50 and the what 74 (?) or so that Odd is.  Which makes him all the more special.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, climber511 said:

It would be nice to know the age for all the Masters lifters.  In my personal experience there is a massive difference between strength levels when becoming a Master at 50 and the what 74 (?) or so that Odd is.  Which makes him all the more special.  

With the exception of Odd, who I believe is 73, I’m pretty sure all the other ranked pullers are in their 50s.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, WorksinaPinch said:

McMurren's thickbar has exploded in the last year. The guy did a deadlift everyday routine on a 2 1/2" axle...outside...even in the winter.

And Dingey, well, he has lifting shoes that match his truck and Camaro.

Still deadlifting daily  over 6200 reps since April 2022

• Like 3

On 11/24/2023 at 2:35 PM, climber511 said:

I just turned 50 this year