How to treat calluses from grippers?

AdriaanRobert96

So I’ve started training my left hand again with grippers and it tears up so dang easily!

I built myself up to the #3 and reps of 8-12 with the #2.5 but as soon as I do higher reps I tear my skin.

Also I don’t wanna go heavier than the #3 because I don’t wanna risk hurting my middle finger knuckle again (still not sure what it is tho).

Right is literally made out of diamond, never gets torn..

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

So I’ve started training my left hand again with grippers and it tears up so dang easily!

I built myself up to the #3 and reps of 8-12 with the #2.5 but as soon as I do higher reps I tear my skin.

Also I don’t wanna go heavier than the #3 because I don’t wanna risk hurting my middle finger knuckle again (still not sure what it is tho).

Right is literally made out of diamond, never gets torn..

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Coming from someone who works with their hands. I've never had a single issue with callus since I was like a teenager. 

The links @Cannon posted are great. All I can say from my personal experience if your bleeding or something hurts stop. Otherwise just keep working hard. If you find you need some care use David Hornes advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Coming from someone who works with their hands. I've never had a single issue with callus since I was like a teenager. 

The links @Cannon posted are great. All I can say from my personal experience if your bleeding or something hurts stop. Otherwise just keep working hard. If you find you need some care use David Hornes advice.

Same here in my right, altho it seems like my left hand is being a lil bitch😂

Thank you!

• Like 1

Until reading these posts I thought I was one of the only people who dealt with this on occasion! haha I suppose it was easy to make that assumption because I have a history with dry skin, so I just assumed most people didn’t deal with this. lol

I have had some setbacks like this myself.

• Haha 1

It had been a little while since I had a skin tear—and my right hand is doing just fine right now, but just today my left hand has a red, aching spot under the middle finger. My last gripper workout was on Friday, and my deadlifts were on Saturday. I would expect one of the two to be what tore the skin, but I didn’t seem to notice anything until today which is strange. 

1 hour ago, IzzyGrasp said:

Until reading these posts I thought I was one of the only people who dealt with this on occasion! haha I suppose it was easy to make that assumption because I have a history with dry skin, so I just assumed most people didn’t deal with this. lol

I have had some setbacks like this myself.

Ah no worries pal, we’re all humans afterall😂

My left acts like this because I’ve overdone the volume..

• Like 1