4 5/8"

CMunger

Inspired by Eric becoming official on his 240k, I decided to bust out my steel and do a bit of bending in front of the tv just now. I warmed up with a 7"x1/4", went real easy. Had a 5.5" left over from some earlier cutting. The last time I attempted a 5.5" I got it, but it took me 10 minutes. This time it went very fast. Under 15 seconds. At this point I've totally surpassed my expectations, so I scoped out a different scrap of the Home Depot hrs I had sitting here, and it was 9 1/4" I wanted to attempt a 5", but that would have left me with a virtually useless (?) 4 1/4" piece. So, being the cheapskate I am, I decided to cut it precisely in half for a couple 4 5/8 that I figured if I couldn't now, I could save them for future, ala the 5.5" I had just bent.

So, I wrapped it up, gave it a good pull, and to moderate surprise, it started moving! I had to stop and recollect myself a couple times, but it went down in abotu a minute and a half. My shoulder was really the limiting factor, cuz I managed to tweak it today tire flipping, so working around that slowed me down, I think. The first part really went pretty quickly.

Moral of the story: I'm happy, and that 60d warped back when I fought the 5.5 for 10 minutes is going down hard on Tuesday or so. :D

Edited by CMunger

Congrats! You're making great progress.

Nice. Very nice! But don't be posting like this when I'm supposed to be resting! :laugh

Great progress!