Rolling Hills Grip Challenge 2 - Cheyenne, Wyoming - March 9th, 2024

dubyagrip

Come lift with me, @SarahChappelow, and many other strong folks out here in the Rocky Mountain region.  The events will be quite competitive, and the promoter has a custom, rack mounted wrist roller for sled dragging that must be seen to be believed.

Event 1: 3" x 4" Saxon Bar Deadlift to Lockout

Powerlifting rules will apply with regard to lockout on this implement. Event will be utilizing a Sorinex 3”x4” Saxon Bar. Rising Bar format with unlimited attempts. 

Event 2: 2 3/8" Napalm Nightmare - 6" lift to Crossbar

Lift will be considered complete when the implement hits the crossbar positioned 6” off the floor. Rising Bar format with unlimited attempts. 

Event 3: Inch Pinch - 6" lift to Crossbar

Lift will be considered complete when the implement hits the crossbar positioned 6” off the floor. Rising Bar format with unlimited attempts.  

Event 4: Rogue Grandfather Clock Deadlift - 6" lift to Crossbar

Event 5: Wrist Roller Sled Drag

Athletes will roll a wrist roller using a wrist extension technique to drag a sled 25’. Weights will be announced subject to testing. Athletes will be given a time for completing the event, and distances will be taken for incomplete runs. 

https://ironpodium.com/browse/event/rolling-hills-grip-challenge-2?fbclid=PAAabhB4MvlfPf44vzy4XVgcsb5TWwPnPSHJI7l6jjAB94p7tqA6NbgIxWnTM

• Like 6

You guys are always on my "if I can get there" list.  I will figure it out in January like I did last year.  I'm guessing this year I will wait for one of your summer comps though.  Maybe stay a little longer, too.

• Like 1

Hmmm 14.5 hour drive. Do You have to be American?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Nope, come on down!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Nope, come on down!

Thinking about it for sure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Can you get company for the road trip?

I did a 14.5 hour drive from NY to Maine for a comp, with two buddies (was 14.5 hours because I had to pick them up slightly off-route in NYC and NJ, and then we had bad weather and traffic -- would have been only 10 or so if I had just gone from my Long Island home to there -- but the time was the time).

Was TONS of fun road tripping around the grip comp.

I recommend it.  

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Can you get company for the road trip?

I did a 14.5 hour drive from NY to Maine for a comp, with two buddies (was 14.5 hours because I had to pick them up slightly off-route in NYC and NJ, and then we had bad weather and traffic -- would have been only 10 or so if I had just gone from my Long Island home to there -- but the time was the time).

Was TONS of fun road tripping around the grip comp.

I recommend it.  

Yeah maybe there’s a few people in Calgary who might be into it I’ll wait till after Christmas then try to decide. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We're just under a month out. Can't wait to see everyone there. That wrist roller sled is going to be a good time. 

I definitely can't make it to this one, way way too busy at work, and girlfriend wants me to go to the DR with her March 14-17, so if I can do anything it will have to be that and I might not even do that.

Oh well.  Looking forward to seeing the results!  Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Amazing event hosted at ATR Training in Cheyenne, WY.  The field included 18 lifters from world record holders to first timers.

• Like 3