Might Sell My Gripanator

SHRUG

I may be selling my gripanator, it is in like new condition and has every option including the BTR handle and feet so it can be bolted down. If anyone is interested let me know what you would be willing to pay for it or what you might have that you would want to trade. It was black when I got it but I painted it red. I will only sell it if I get a good offer. Just to let you guys know it cost around $450 new with all the options :rock

Edited by SHRUG

It is a great machine but I just like grippers much better. It is in like new condition and works great. Another reason I am selling it is that it is hard for me to fit my arm through to use it, and the width of my shoulders makes it difficult for me to get positioned right because I have limited space to use it in my basement gym. I will sell it for $325 and will consider very good trades, I am looking for rare grippers. :rock

Another reason I am selling it is that it is hard for me to fit my arm through to use it, and the width of my shoulders makes it difficult for me to get positioned right because I have limited space to use it in my basement gym.

Man you must be HUGE! I am 340lb. and I have no problems at all with my Gripinator. I can't even imagine being too big to fit my arm into it.

I will send in a pic of my bicep and forearm being measured. Then you will see what I mean :D.

Edited by SHRUG

I

I will only sell it if I get a good offer. Just to let you guys know it cost around $450 new with all the options :rock

Good grief.I had NO idea they were so expensive?!Goodness?

Jerry would sell you a thick handled 172lb,2.47inch dumbell.(identical handle- to the INCH)A thick handled 228lb,2 3/8 dumbell(similar to the Millenium) and a 2 3/8 ,250lb. Unliftable Dumbell. All solid steel for about 525$?(I think...don't hold me to that)No trades though.

I have a hunch that we will be seeing more and more gripenators for sale...

Why do you say this?

Just an observation...

Most of the people who have contacted me don't seem to be getting much out of theirs; if they are able to order one in the first place.

Ok, one of my strength training pet peeves.

No machine will create magic.

Also, to say a barbell is somehow so much better than a machine and that a machine is ineffective in building strength to the same degree is hogwash.

It's like saying a Hammer ISO Leg press is going to be gotten rid of because "they aren't getting much out of it" and the person is trying for a max powerlifting squat as a goal.

The G is one of the best if not the best plate loaded machine to perform heavy negatives. Use it to get strong. If you want to be good at grippers you must use them too and use them alot (specificity).

Bill, I agree that it is very effective. I just do not like it very much. Plus I really do have difficulty fitting in it and using it the way it was meant to be used. It is a very effective machine though. :rock

I have to admit ive found the barbell to be more effective then a machine every time. The body responds best when forced to work as a unit and a barbell beats a machine everytime. I do think machines have there place too and can have a positive effect when used in conjunction with barbells and db's or any other dino/strongman type moves. Just my opinion-Austin

Bill, I agree that it is very effective. I just do not like it very much. Plus I really do have difficulty fitting in it and using it the way it was meant to be used. It is a very effective machine though. 

Basically Shrug is not saying the function of the Gripanator does not fit

him, rather he does not fit the Gripanator to it's function........

With his size, I am sure he would prefer a 1200cc Harley Hog to a

moped scooter...........

I have to admit ive found the barbell to be more effective then a machine every time. The body responds best when forced to work as a unit and a barbell beats a machine everytime. I do think machines have there place too and can have a positive effect when used in conjunction with barbells and db's or any other dino/strongman type moves. Just my opinion-Austin

Austin, depends on what you are judging things by? You certainly can't judge a barbell bench press against using a machine and then trying to bench press a max weight with a barbell.

By the way, I've used barbells basically my whole training time. :)

Bill, I agree that it is very effective. I just do not like it very much. Plus I really do have difficulty fitting in it and using it the way it was meant to be used. It is a very effective machine though. :rock

My post was aimed at what John stated regarding people saying "they weren't getting much out of it". :)

Bill agreed. In my opinion if you could only pick a handfull of moves or the top movement for each body part I would always go with a free wieght movement. ;) Austin

Bill agreed. In my opinion if you could only pick a handfull of moves or the top movement for each body part I would always go with a free wieght movement. ;) Austin

I did not have much choice. :) Although when you competitive powerlift, you must do the big three no matter what.

I couldnt agree more, Bill. Obviously, James does not fit in his, and however he is using it is not bringing him the results he wants which is the reason for his selling it.

Theres no question that the gripenator appears to be sturdy and has many bells and whistles,

I have no idea how the gripenators are being used. The general concensus appears to be among those who have contacted me, is that they are dissatisfied with whatever results they are getting.

Just an observation based on evidence, nothing more.

While it is true that a foolish carpenter blames his tools, theres no question that some tools are better for certain tasks than others.

I sure wish I had access to more tools -- in the way of machines. Never have though. That's the only thing I like about traveling. I get to mess around with machines when I train and visit gyms. :)

I don't think your missing out Bill. I have acess to train on a bunch of old Nautilus stuff. I have also tried quite a few other brands of machines. The only ones I like are the Hammer Strength. We have a leg press, row machine and leg curl at our weight room. I have also trained on their shoulder press machine and pull down machine. I like that stuff alot. I still prefer a barbell and dumbells though. If I were you I would think about some big tires and some Atlas stones. Thats good stuff.

Hey, it's always fun to work with new stuff. So, in that sense, sure I am! :)

I have a Gripinator. Honestly, I can't imagine a machine being better.

I am also smaller than Shrug (about 225lbs) and fit with plenty of room to spare. My brother who is much bigger than me is about 6'2 and 300lbs. (that's in good shape, not a fat 300) He uses the Gripinator with no apparent problems.

There are tons of options out there. Do your research and make a decision. I am happy with mine.

-HH

I have a Gripinator. Honestly, I can't imagine a machine being better.

I am also smaller than Shrug (about 225lbs) and fit with plenty of room to spare. My brother who is much bigger than me is about 6'2 and 300lbs. (that's in good shape, not a fat 300) He uses the Gripinator with no apparent problems.

There are tons of options out there. Do your research and make a decision. I am happy with mine.

-HH

I like my Gripinator a lot, and I have yet to see a better grip machine. However, as wanna noted, in order to best train for grippers you should emphasize negatives and the close with it. I think it would need some sort of cam to really mimic the cosing of a gripper.

IMHO, using the Gripinator with a larger ROM (say 2") will really build the sweep, and this will carry over into the real world better than training on grippers. When I can rep 100# with a 2" ROM, I will have one hell of a crush, even if I can't close a Mashmonster Gripper.

I really don't understand SHRUG's problem with fitting his arm into the Gripinator. I think that a 7' tall person with 26" biceps could comfortably use it, if properly positioned. As I mentioned I am 6'4" tall and 340#, and i do not find it even remotely snug.