January Is My Equipment Month

Rick Walker

1-pair of 100 pound Olympic plates-$20

1-pair of 45s- $9.50

1-pair of 85 pound DBs- $17

:):):laugh

Dinosaur stuff they had in the basement and didnt use anymore-

Rick Walker :rock

Rick you going to turn the DB's into blobs, if so can I buy one off of you. :rock

Rick,

I believe I have you beat. Only it wasn't me who scored the deal, but a friend of mine.

He got about 600 pounds worth of weight plates and an entire set of equipment (benches, racks, bars, etc.) all for the amazing price of..... 10 bucks. :yikes

The guy who sold it wasn't interested in weightlifting anymore and really wanted to get rid of the stuff.

When my friend told me the story of what he got, I wanted to cry. :cry

Now that I have that stuff my tally goes to:

2-100 pound plates

20-45 pound plates

4-35s

6-25s

2-solid rubber bumber 25s

6-10s

8-5s

4-2.5s

That is 1550 is olympic plates alone. Eddy Coan can come train with me now! :D

Standard plates I have:

2-25s

12-10s

4-7.5s

10-5s

4-3s

4-1.25s

That is 267 pounds in standard plates.

Add to that:

power cage, squat stands, spotter racks, leg press, military bench, flat bench, texas power bar, York weightlifting bar, curl bar, standard and Olmpic DB handles, 85 pound DBs, 5, 10, 15 pound dbs, Super yoke, farmers walk, 600 pound tire, 2 kegs, dragging sled, jump stretch bands, chains, tons of grip tools (18 grippers, ttk, blobs, ect. ect.) box squat box, errector set from PDA, dip station, pull-up station, and assorted other pieces.

I paid a grand total of maybe $2,000 for everything.

Rick,

I believe I have you beat. Only it wasn't me who scored the deal, but some dude I don't know.

He got about 500 pounds worth of weight plates and an entire set of equipment (benches, racks, bars, etc.) all for the amazing price of..... 20 bucks.

The only problem was IT WAS MY STUFF AND MY MOM DIDN'T THINK I WANTED IT ANYMORE!!!!

I move every 18 months and usualy live in temporary housing (or overseas), so I can't drag around my weights. The p-rents were cleaning house and assumed I left it all at home because I didn't need it anymore.

The best part of the story is she was asking $50 for it all, but the dude said that he didn't want to pay "that much" for all of my stuff, so she offered $20...

When my sister told me what the mom did, I wanted to cry. :cry

On a related note: My gym gave away 4x100lb plates and an old super-heavy very-solid squat rack because "nobody used them", all while I was home on vacation. There are great deals out there, you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

Dude-that sucks. Well-you know were he lives Bender-track him down and TAKE IT BACK. :angry:

:mellow

I cant even imagine if that happened-

I'm sorry for your loss, Eric. You are in my prayers...

Well, I almost have you all beat. Sort of. In a different way. About 10 years ago I bought a 500lb olympic set, bench, tree... I had grand visions of working out at home, blah blah blah. Ended up unused, and they just sat in my parents basement. Then I got married and moved to the cities, I joined Lifetime Fitness (fanciest darn place I'd ever seen at that point in my life) we built a house, and I thought "I'm gonna set up a home gym, too!" So I hauled the stuff out of my parents musty old basement, and put them in my new house basement. This is abotu 7 years ago now. Of course I was 5 minutes from a really nice gym with really nice scenery :D, working, playing rugby, never had the time nor inclination to lift at home. So they sat unused. I finished the basement, and they got moved into a corner of our garage.

Don't worry, the end of the story is near.

So, time rolls by to this spring. We were selling our house to build again, and we're doing some major clearing, cuz we'd managed to accumulate a lot of stuff, and we didn't want to move it all. Major donations to Goodwill, etc. So there are my weights sitting there. I ask myself "Am I EVER gonna use those things? So I want to keep moving them with me everywhere?" So I decide to give them to a guy I know peripherally who likes to work out, but through some pretty dumb choices he has made in life can't afford a gym membership. Fast forward 9 months: drawing inspiration from MILO and people I've met through strongman, I've decided to do the home gym so I don't have to deal with the crowds, banning of chalk, Dido over the speakers, etc at Lifetime. So, I've replaced everything. I just would have felt like a slug going and asking for those weights back. Now if my wife would have given them away, I wouldn't have had any such qualms. :D

So at least there was some money exchanged in those other deals. :blink