2024 DeathGrip: Midwest Regional Qualifier

jculpepper

I'm bringing grip back to St. Louis, Mo! I've teamed up with Atlas Training Academy to host this contest.  More details will follow. 

DeathGrip:
Midwest Regional Qualifier
Promoter: Josh Culpepper 
O'Fallon MO
Date: February 

Events:
20mm gripper
Euro 2h
2 3/8" Napalms Nightmare 
Little Big Horn

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shrimp said:

Looking forward to see if I can qualify for this!

I'm guessing that anyone can go to this, because it is offering events that can qualify you for Nationals, right @jculpepper?

But it would be a 16-hour drive for me.  Don't think I can fit that in, but I will check on flights because it would be awesome to be there. 

Any idea which weekend it will be, Josh?  Once that's in stone I will see if I can make it happen.

21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I'm guessing that anyone can go to this, because it is offering events that can qualify you for Nationals, right @jculpepper?

But it would be a 16-hour drive for me.  Don't think I can fit that in, but I will check on flights because it would be awesome to be there. 

Any idea which weekend it will be, Josh?  Once that's in stone I will see if I can make it happen.

Yeah the more the better. Of course Vinnie you would be more than welcome to come. I'm thinking the 10th I'll let you know as soon as I get it official though. I was trying to get through King Kong first before I started really working on finishing off the details. 

The good news is it's a 30 -40 minute drive from the airport! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, Shrimp said:

Looking forward to see if I can qualify for this!

This is an open event. Come on out and lets see if we can't get you qualified for Nationals!

On 11/14/2023 at 12:04 PM, Strongmanpharmd said:

Super interested in this! I talked to Johan about it and unless I work I should be able to come. 

Sounds great. I hope you can make it out. 

If there is a big turn out  I might start holding more comps throughout the year. 

17 hours ago, jculpepper said:

Sounds great. I hope you can make it out. 

If there is a big turn out  I might start holding more comps throughout the year. 

That would be awesome to see more than the one or two strongman comps a year around here! 

21 hours ago, jculpepper said:

This is an open event. Come on out and lets see if we can't get you qualified for Nationals!

Injured myself trying to do that at the end of August, trying to recover by February so definitely interested in the date of the contest. Thanks man. 

Time for sign ups!! This will be rising bar/ last man standing event. We will use the standard GSI weightclasses and the standard heights. The euro we will use 44mm, 48mm for the women and 54mm, or 58mm, for the size.

My paypal is: endbringer grip sports 

$30 entry 

Hotel:  Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon MO

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, jculpepper said:

Time for sign ups!! This will be rising bar/ last man standing event. We will use the standard GSI weightclasses and the standard heights. The euro we will use 44mm, 48mm for the women and 54mm, or 58mm, for the size.

My paypal is: endbringer grip sports 

$30 entry 

Hotel:  Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon MO

Update I'm lowering the entry fee to $10 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, jculpepper said:
I'm bringing grip back to St. Louis, Mo! I've teamed up with Atlas Training Academy to host this contest.  More details will follow. 

DeathGrip:
Midwest Regional Qualifier
Promoter: Josh Culpepper 
O'Fallon MO
Date: February 

Events:
20mm gripper
Euro 2h
2 3/8" Napalms Nightmare 
Little Big Horn

CANCELED,  unfortantly, due to some personal reasons I have to postpone this contest. 

26 minutes ago, jculpepper said:

CANCELED,  unfortantly, due to some personal reasons I have to postpone this contest. 

Sorry, Josh!