Updated List

Harrison

I just have them in a word doc and that was because it was a nightmare to keep checking my gaps on my grip display when a new batch get listed.

Will have to move with the times and get in on the spreadsheets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Busa said:

I just have them in a word doc and that was because it was a nightmare to keep checking my gaps on my grip display when a new batch get listed.

Will have to move with the times and get in on the spreadsheets.

I keep mine in microsoft excel

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 12:32 PM, Douglas Carney said:

Similar situation...last night I put forty 2 1/4" bend screws in the wood shelves over my dumbbell racks and that nearly holds all of my rated grippers.  But I still have another twenty or so grippers that I need to send to @Cannon for rating.

So while I plan on purchasing a Nickel, Copper, and Unobtanium when they drop...I think I'm going to focus on filling gaps for a bit.  These things keep multiplying otherwise!  🤪

Gripper Collection 10-02-2023.jpg

Absolutely love the display!! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, Busa said:

On 10/17/2023 at 10:51 AM, C8Myotome said:
On 10/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, Busa said:

IMG_1181.thumb.jpeg.9b016270af2c8ff5a083656b1f929394.jpeg
IMG_1182.thumb.jpeg.4d53cbb026d3d2c4b03b3e59b6752a8f.jpeg

I have mine in Google Sheets because I also had the same issues, but my list doubles as my workout tracker, and it has formulas I set up that automatically calculate my average RGC per hand throughout a workout with drop sets. I first used this concept with bench press, and it helped me more clearly see when I was improving by the numbers, even if it was just 1-2 lbs! But I need to get more lower grippers rated because this isn’t quite as efficient with my left hand yet. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

I’m currently looking to get rid of all of my 3+ RGC gaps. 

is it a collector thing or do you not like the bumper by a particular reason?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

IMG_1181.thumb.jpeg.9b016270af2c8ff5a083656b1f929394.jpeg
IMG_1182.thumb.jpeg.4d53cbb026d3d2c4b03b3e59b6752a8f.jpeg

I have mine in Google Sheets because I also had the same issues, but my list doubles as my workout tracker, and it has formulas I set up that automatically calculate my average RGC per hand throughout a workout with drop sets. I first used this concept with bench press, and it helped me more clearly see when I was improving by the numbers, even if it was just 1-2 lbs! But I need to get more lower grippers rated because this isn’t quite as efficient with my left hand yet. 

Well that’s heckin fancy

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 10:51 AM, C8Myotome said:

I keep mine on a rack lol.  No notes or records.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scottex92 said:

is it a collector thing or do you not like the bumper by a particular reason?

I just learned about its existence from Matt a couple days ago and have been thinking about it. Probably just a mixture of uncertainty on whether I’ll know my exact numbers well with it, and wondering how many I’d need or how often I’d need to install and un-install it to make it work. I do like the collecting aspect as well.

So yeah, mainly just that I have a lot more questions regarding the bumper that I don’t have with collecting the grippers, and I can fortunately afford quite a few grippers. 

3 minutes ago, IzzyGrasp said:

I just learned about its existence from Matt a couple days ago and have been thinking about it. Probably just a mixture of uncertainty on whether I’ll know my exact numbers well with it, and wondering how many I’d need or how often I’d need to install and un-install it to make it work. I do like the collecting aspect as well.

So yeah, mainly just that I have a lot more questions regarding the bumper that I don’t have with collecting the grippers, and I can fortunately afford quite a few grippers. 

Well the bumper is quite easy to use but you are right that having more grippers with an exact rgc is more convinient. 

I would purchase a bumper nonetheless for the microloading aspect of it. You can overload a gripper with as little as you want with it!! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

Well the bumper is quite easy to use but you are right that having more grippers with an exact rgc is more convinient. 

I would purchase a bumper nonetheless for the microloading aspect of it. You can overload a gripper with as little as you want with it!! 

I heard it can add 7 lbs, correct? So can it add anywhere from like 1-7? I appreciate the details! 

• Like 2

Just now, IzzyGrasp said:

I heard it can add 7 lbs, correct? So can it add anywhere from like 1-7? I appreciate the details! 

Yeah it can add up to 6 rgc(7 if you force it a bit but you risk the integrity of the rubber, in which case you would need to buy a 21mm diameter cilinder of natural rubber to replace it). The way it works is by expanding a piece of rubber agains the inside of the spring, the more it spands the more it dificuts the closing of the spring. You expand the rubber by twisting a handle, it ads around 1.5rgc for every full turn and it is recommended not to exceed 4 full turns. The initial fit onto the spring is the crucial step. 

You can find vids on YT on how to make it work. 

Also here is the link to CPW store

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/bumper?_pos=1&_sid=a61337725&_ss=r

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

The only difficulty with the bumper is knowing you have it at a consistent tension before you start counting your revolutions 

1 minute ago, C8Myotome said:

The only difficulty with the bumper is knowing you have it at a consistent tension before you start counting your revolutions 

True, the way I do it is I twist until there is a bit of resistance to come out of the spring and then start to count the half turns. 

Maybe @Cannon can give us more insight. 

2 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

True, the way I do it is I twist until there is a bit of resistance to come out of the spring and then start to count the half turns. 

Exactly, "a bit" is extremely subjective and difficult to perfectly replicate 

15 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

It's not difficult and the directions are pretty simple. They are included with each Bumper. You adjust the Bumper until you can push it in the coil with a "heavy drag". Like it comes in and out, but has friction on the inside of the coil and is not totally loose or hard to push in. Then you start turning the knob. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

It's not an exact thing though. The Bumper should be qualified in amorphous terms. Every full turn adds about 1.5 pounds. Use the Bumper to add some resistance. In general you can make any gripper more difficult. These are not meant to be precise things. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Well when you are tunning it you can feel the diference between a bit of resistance and a lot of it. In any case I think the margin of error is like 1/2 a turn and when you have set it a couple of times for the same gripper you find a consistency. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

It's not an exact thing though. The Bumper should be qualified in amorphous terms. Every full turn adds about 1.5 pounds. Use the Bumper to add some resistance. In general you can make any gripper more difficult. These are not meant to be precise things. 

It sounds like an amazingly useful tool, and definitely one anyone should buy in a heartbeat if they aren’t obsessive like I am and already filling in the gaps. lol Though I do have a couple spots where I could use an extra 3 lbs myself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

Well that’s heckin fancy

Haha I have always been like this when it comes to google sheets. Over the years I have gotten more and more thorough with how I format my lists.

• Like 1

I look at the bumper a bit like adjustable dumbbells they have a place in your training but its also great to have a set.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Busa said:

I look at the bumper a bit like adjustable dumbbells they have a place in your training but its also great to have a set.

Yeah, that’s true. And I have always had just all the dumbbells instead like I’m doing with the grippers now. I suppose I do have a tendency to do it that way. I currently have every dumbbell imaginable from 10-50. lol

• Like 2

The bumper is invaluable to my training as I prepare for certifications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1