I fixed my knuckle pain, here’s how!

AdriaanRobert96

Read on, this might help you if you’ve had or have knuckle pain or irritation and nothing else helps😄

So I’ve had a sort of irritating pain in between my first and second knuckle of my left hand for well over 1 year at this point..

Tried everything, wrist extensions, banded finger extensions, massaging, resting, icing.. I mean you name it!

Nothing have worked, the last 2 weeks or so I began introducing “dead hang” or “active hang” from a fairly thin bar.

Nothing crazy, 1min x 3 sets about 2-3 times/ week.

My goal with this was to be able to hang for 2 minutes, hopefully gain some benefits over to my gripper strength or what not..

I started noticing the pain go away within the first week but didn’t think nothing of it, now by the end of week 2 or 3 I believe I realized my pain is almost gone.

Usually I was barely able to close a CoC #1 on the left, and not because the lack of strength but because of pain.

Usually I can close a #3 on any given day with the left.

This last gripper workout I did 20 reps with the #1 with a pain of 3/10.

Not really sure why hangs would help but it surely does something because that’s the only factor I’ve changed.

Just a quick post, might be worth trying if you struggle with knuckle pain like me.

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Read on, this might help you if you’ve had or have knuckle pain or irritation and nothing else helps😄

So I’ve had a sort of irritating pain in between my first and second knuckle of my left hand for well over 1 year at this point..

Tried everything, wrist extensions, banded finger extensions, massaging, resting, icing.. I mean you name it!

Nothing have worked, the last 2 weeks or so I began introducing “dead hang” or “active hang” from a fairly thin bar.

Nothing crazy, 1min x 3 sets about 2-3 times/ week.

My goal with this was to be able to hang for 2 minutes, hopefully gain some benefits over to my gripper strength or what not..

I started noticing the pain go away within the first week but didn’t think nothing of it, now by the end of week 2 or 3 I believe I realized my pain is almost gone.

Usually I was barely able to close a CoC #1 on the left, and not because the lack of strength but because of pain.

Usually I can close a #3 on any given day with the left.

This last gripper workout I did 20 reps with the #1 with a pain of 3/10.

Not really sure why hangs would help but it surely does something because that’s the only factor I’ve changed.

Just a quick post, might be worth trying if you struggle with knuckle pain like me.

Sounds interesting. We're you hanging more from the top of your palm or more from the fingers? Pictures below to clarify.

I still have a little of this pain in my left hand, so this is something I'll have to try.

20231001_185333.thumb.jpg.a857b3cd1ce68539f03cb7074b91d820.jpg20231001_185346.thumb.jpg.d4ad2e822d6a6b0dd5e4896812991d65.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Charles Jones said:

Sounds interesting. We're you hanging more from the top of your palm or more from the fingers? Pictures below to clarify.

I still have a little of this pain in my left hand, so this is something I'll have to try.

20231001_185333.thumb.jpg.a857b3cd1ce68539f03cb7074b91d820.jpg20231001_185346.thumb.jpg.d4ad2e822d6a6b0dd5e4896812991d65.jpg

I am placing my hand exactly where my fingers begin (near the palm):

IMG_2883.thumb.jpeg.11cab35f80bf2ec0b4f566108bc2fd49.jpeg

so not on my palm but still on the fingers, and I only did 3 sets of 1min (I suggest you not going to failure) to begin with atleast.

I really hope this helps you out, I know how annoying that pain can be:/

• Like 3

• 3 months later...