How to use a climber hangboard?

AdriaanRobert96

So after a lot of back and forth I decided I’ll buy myself a hangboard, most likely a “beastmaker” ..

The thing is I have zero clue about how to use it in terms of programming, sets, reps, timed holds etc.

Also wgat benefits would I gain from doing hangboard (mass, tendon thickness, strength) also are there any future risks of arthritis or any other issues?

I won’t start on it now since I am still fighting these heavy grippers, but I’d love to have an idea of what I am doing without hurting myself since I am fairly heavy (95kg/209lbs).

I know there’s a lot of climbes on here so I want to ask the experts of that area.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

I have to ask, why don't you just use youtube to find out? I just did a quick search and found plenty of videos showing how to approach training with hangboards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmilBB said:

I have to ask, why don't you just use youtube to find out? I just did a quick search and found plenty of videos showing how to approach training with hangboards.

Not a bad question, although I like to start conversations..

I’ll make sure to stick to youtube then😄

11 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Not a bad question, although I like to start conversations..

I’ll make sure to stick to youtube then😄

I didn't have any ill intentions, it was a genuine question which I should've worded differently no doubt. You can of course do whatever you want and asking questions is a good thing of course! I just mean that you can find the answer to your question very easy, instead of waiting for answers here.

Also I guess I don't understand your question.. You're saying you have decided you want a beastmaker hangboard but you're also asking what the benefits are, so how do you know you want it?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I didn't have any ill intentions, it was a genuine question which I should've worded differently no doubt. You can of course do whatever you want and asking questions is a good thing of course! I just mean that you can find the answer to your question very easy, instead of waiting for answers here.

Also I guess I don't understand your question.. You're saying you have decided you want a beastmaker hangboard but you're also asking what the benefits are, so how do you know you want it?

No no, don’t worry about it I understand what you meant😅

So the thing is that there’s a ton of different answers on Youtube without any back drop to why.. 

Also me deciding for a beastmaker was mostly because it looked nicer than the other hangboards😂

I am odd like that, I know..

So worry not pal, I know your intentions we’re not bad.

• Like 1