Rating label position?

devinhoo

Label position  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Label position

• Middle of bar
    • Top of bar

I'm trying to get more rated steel out into people's hands. What label position do you think is better?

image.thumb.jpeg.d4d18912fd8b3c5b415e8206bd21ee1c.jpeg

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 2

Top, but if it's not the actual middle (like in the pic), I don't mind either. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 4:56 AM, matek said:

Top, but if it's not the actual middle (like in the pic), I don't mind either. 

I have been putting it just off center by about a thumb width so that it doesn’t get too messed up by the bend. I should have put in a better picture, I’ll add one when I get home. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

I have been putting it just off center by about a thumb width so that it doesn’t get too messed up by the bend. I should have put in a better picture, I’ll add one when I get home. 

Yeah after looking at the pictures again i like that. Definitely more on top but not up tight near the head. Somewhere between the center and the top. 

This shows the placement a bit better. I was trying to demonstrate that the rating tag would still be at least partially visible under the wraps. Hopefully this is more clear what I meant.

IMG_1329.jpeg

• Like 3

I think the one on the bottom looks better, It looks like it belongs there. It looks better with a little space from the head.

I have not done bending in like 18 years so take this with a grain of salt. But aesthetically I will say the top one (tag at the end) looks far better to me. They would also be consistently easier to locate. It makes sense to my smoov brain. 

• Like 1

I’ve always preferred the middle on drill rod due to the label at the ends creating a different type of friction than the non-label side (with the seating with chalk in the wraps).  Not an issue though with this on a flat head penny nail.

• Like 2

Aesthetically it looks better on the top. Practically it's better off centre to not affect the wrapping. I use a heap of chalk on the steel before wrapping and I dont want the tape to peel off mid wrap/bend.

I voted for the top because it looks better to me and the way I store my stock, it's a little easier to see. But after having read some other's views, I think offset from center would be better for function, at least on your cert bars, crs, ss...  Bolts and nails matter less as somebody else said.

20230930_160946.thumb.jpg.2675fee2203bd18f3ba5bc04f0cfd99f.jpg

• Like 2