AGP 5 Results!

jasonotto

5th Annual Armhighland Gripstrongwrestling Powergames Results Hot Off the Presses!

30 mm Grippers

Vincent Rivellese 160
Steven Samaniego 160
Jason Otto 146
Hunter Heath 129
Anthony Clarino 129
Robert Miller 129
Cody Ward 102

2 inch V Bar

Hunter Heath 285.04
Zach Mullins 239.92
Vincent Rivellese 213.56
Claude Wilson 213.56
Anthony Clarino 203.63
Vincent Ferraiuolo 173.3
Cody Ward 158.1

2.5" Crusher

Zach Mullins 185.22
Hunter Heath 180.05
Steven Samaniego 175.18
Jason Otto 165.19
Robert Miller 164.19
Claude Wilson 162.02
Vincent Rivellese 155.22
Mike Bianchi 145.21
Cody Ward 132.84
Anthony Clarino 123.66
Vincent Ferraiuolo 118.02

Euro One Hand Pinch

Zach Mullins 100.1
Robert Miller 95
Vincent Rivellese 83.01
Jason Otto 83.01
Hunter Heath 80.04
Anthony Clarino 71.06
Claude Wilson 71.06
Mike Bianchi 61.85
Vincent Ferraiuolo 51.4
Cody Ward 51.4

Lever Top

Mike Bianchi 104
Cody Ward 101.8
Hunter Heath 77.44
Jason Otto 72.16
Vincent Rivellese 56.02
Vincent Ferraiuolo 48.36

• Like 3

Look out for the newbies!  Hunter Heath looks to have placed second overall to the great @ZRMMA (not everyone did every event so I am not sure if placement was actually computed, but I don't think that's debatable as to the two of them), and Claude Wilson was no slouch either (not to detract from anyone else; it was a great crowd).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Look out for the newbies!  Hunter Heath looks to have placed second overall to the great @ZRMMA (not everyone did every event so I am not sure if placement was actually computed, but I don't think that's debatable as to the two of them), and Claude Wilson was no slouch either (not to detract from anyone else; it was a great crowd).

Yes, both Hunter and Claude are going to be a force.  Such a strong baseline!  Your gripper performance was super impressive.   I'm definitely going to get back training them consistently. 

For scoring overall we count 3 best performances rather someone competed in 3 or all 5.  Individual events were 10 pts for 1st, 9 for 2nd. And so on.  Veeeeeery basic.

• Like 2

Great recap!

One thing I should clear up about the story about the Starbucks coffee, burn, sandwich Euro lift, etc. (starting at 46:30): I didn't go for coffee for myself.  @Anthony C. needed a regular coffee and asked me to drive to Starbucks between events (half a mile away), and I said sure, and asked if anyone wanted anything.  Claude wanted a hot coffee and Claude's girlfriend said she wanted a frappuccino.  Then James said oh, we have coffee here, no need for Starbucks -- but James didn't have frappuccino, so we went anyway, for Claude's girlfriend. 

Getting out of the car on returning, I had two coffees in two hands, the frappuccino in my left (first mistake) and Claude's hot coffee in my right.  The top popped off the hot coffee and it lost its rigidity and got all flimsy, causing spillage onto my hand, which hurt like a demon but I did not want to drop both coffees and lose it all.  I controlled them both to the ground as the hot stuff spilled all over my right hand, but didn't spill the frappuccino at all and saved most of the hot coffee other than what graced my hand.

So I didn't get a coffee at all (except on my right hand).  And I didn't spill the coffee all over, so Claude, his girlfriend (and Anthony) all got their coffees.

The sandwich bite Euro lift (around 47 or 48 on the vid, right after the coffee story) was a stunt to take my mind off the pain -- it really hurt for a couple of hours.  I had seen Anthony try one of his lifts with his coffee in one hand, and I had some habaneros in my sandwich, and I just let the urge take hold to be a little goofy with that.  That lift felt pretty easy and I was kind of thinking I'd get more, but on 90 my finger opened up and with the burn I just said fuggit I am done here.  I knew I had to be near my one-hand Euro limit anyway, since I've never gotten 200 with two hands, wasn't gonna get near 100 with one.

Thanks @ZRMMA and @jasonotto for the recap, the comp was awesome and I will be there every year I can make it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Great recap!

One thing I should clear up about the story about the Starbucks coffee, burn, sandwich Euro lift, etc. (starting at 46:30): I didn't go for coffee for myself.  @Anthony C. needed a regular coffee and asked me to drive to Starbucks between events (half a mile away), and I said sure, and asked if anyone wanted anything.  Claude wanted a hot coffee and Claude's girlfriend said she wanted a frappuccino.  Then James said oh, we have coffee here, no need for Starbucks -- but James didn't have frappuccino, so we went anyway, for Claude's girlfriend. 

Getting out of the car on returning, I had two coffees in two hands, the frappuccino in my left (first mistake) and Claude's hot coffee in my right.  The top popped off the hot coffee and it lost its rigidity and got all flimsy, causing spillage onto my hand, which hurt like a demon but I did not want to drop both coffees and lose it all.  I controlled them both to the ground as the hot stuff spilled all over my right hand, but didn't spill the frappuccino at all and saved most of the hot coffee other than what graced my hand.

So I didn't get a coffee at all (except on my right hand).  And I didn't spill the coffee all over, so Claude, his girlfriend (and Anthony) all got their coffees.

The sandwich bite Euro lift (around 47 or 48 on the vid, right after the coffee story) was a stunt to take my mind off the pain -- it really hurt for a couple of hours.  I had seen Anthony try one of his lifts with his coffee in one hand, and I had some habaneros in my sandwich, and I just let the urge take hold to be a little goofy with that.  That lift felt pretty easy and I was kind of thinking I'd get more, but on 90 my finger opened up and with the burn I just said fuggit I am done here.  I knew I had to be near my one-hand Euro limit anyway, since I've never gotten 200 with two hands, wasn't gonna get near 100 with one.

Thanks @ZRMMA and @jasonotto for the recap, the comp was awesome and I will be there every year I can make it.

Always glad to have you down Vinnie!  Hopefully you will.continue to make the trek!

• Like 1