Rb Grippers

Dan Cenidoza

As I said in the other thread, I'm really impressed with these! I feel like I did when I got my very first gripper. I keep looking at them, picking them up and squeezing. I'm going around showing everybody at work just like I did when I got my #1! I'm pumped and very excited about closing this 330 with my name on it! I'm about a 1/2" away but haven't a doubt in my mind that it'll fall in 2004.

So anyway, I'm wondering who else has got some RB grippers? If you don't have any, do yourself a favor and get at least two. For the people that do have them, which ones do you have? Which ones can you close and how would you rate them?

As I said, I have a brass 240 with a chrome spring and a black 330 with a chrome spring. Wire diameters are .276 and .315 respectively and the ID of the coil is .816 and .917, respectively. The 240 is like a #3 and the 330 I'd rate around 3.6... maybe a little tougher.

Wire diameters are .276 and .315 respectively

Reply: Isn't the #4 a .312? I guess the RB's are just wound looser?

Your 330 is obviously different than mine. Mine was stronger than all the 4's I have except 1. It was a true monster.

I was also VERY impressed with the RB grippers when I first got them. They are simply beautiful. I have 210, 240, 260, 300, 300N, 330.

210, 240, 260, 300 silver steel, chrome spring

300 N, black steel, chrome spring

330, brass, chrome spring

210 - 2.3

240 - 2.6

260 - 2.9

300N - 3.2

300 - 3.6

330 - 3.9

My brass handle black spring 300 is like a 3.7-3.8

and my brass and black 330 is harder than my 3 #4s.

My 260 crome spring is cool its like a 3.1-3.2

Is the rb210 more difficult to close than a bbsm? How about the pda 262, where does that one fall? I am looking to purchase the next one above the coc#2.

My opinion is the RB210 and BBSM are fairly comparable to one another.

I give a slight edge to my BBSM Not much though. If you want to compare

the $ cost the BBSM would be cheaper. Both are tougher than any #2 I have

If you order from Baraban direct a 210 will cost you $40, from the UK

about the same. If you live in the USA (Stainless Steel, Brass handles

a little more)

A BBSM from Tetting $25

The PDA 262 would be $27.90 I have not used a 262, however you can get

this gripper unassembled which would allow you to set the spring coil

deep in the handles yourself. This would make it tougher than a #2

The PDA 280 ( The last time I checked PDA had a few left) is definitely

tougher than a #2... But on the high end towards a #3 but less tough than a 3.

The 280 is a good one. If money and arrival time of the grippers to you

are a factor, go with the BBSM and PDA 280. These 2 will give you tweeners

with the #2 and #3

I wanna get a RB 240 but I'm afraid it might be harder than my #3

I want brass with a black spring, it looks sexy

I wanna get a RB 240 but I'm afraid it might be harder than my #3

I want brass with a black spring, it looks sexy

FYI... A brass handled one will weigh heavier and feel heavier in your

hand than the Aluminum handled ones... About a pound heavier

So I had my first actual workout with these last night. I wanted to get a better grasp ;) on the difficulty level in relation to my other grippers. One thing I noticed is that the sweep on the RB grippers seemed to be a little easier than the COC's.

The 240 is definitey comparable to my #3's. In fact the newest #3 I have, one with the marking around the handles, is actually easier than the RB240.

I'd say the 3.5 - 3.6 I rated the RB330 with is about right, when compared to my only #4.

I ended up doing too many negatives and static holds to acurately compare them to the beefbuilders. Maybe next time.

I've got RB210 & RB240 in stainless.

RB210 is in between my COC #2 and PDA .280.

RB240 is as hard as my easier #3

Patrick b, hw much did your rb set run you including shipping and handling? Are they comparable to coc and tetting grippers? I am looking to invest in some tweeners of coc#2 and co#3. I would like to purchase maybe one to two rbcrushers per month. Thank you

Since I am from Sweden, I bought them straight from Robert Baraban. I have no idea what it would cost for you. If you were wondering wheter the RB grippers are comparable to the COC and Tetting grippers quality wise, then YES, absolutely, I think the RB grippers are the finest grippers there is.

The supermasters I've tried have all been tougher then the 210 I tried. Plus if you want to tweak the strength of the Beefbuilder series grippers call Warren he can help you out with that.

I have sold RB grippers in Sweden for some months now and all my costumers are very satisfied. I have sold several hundreds of them.

I have a brass with black spring 240, close to my #3, little bit below and much easier before parallel.

Black 300 is well above my #3, feels not too much below a #4.

I am looking for a gripper that is little bit easier than CoC#2. What RB-gripper i should buy. What other grippers would be good choises. Then i think i need a gripper that is little bit tougher than Coc #2. Is RB210 good choise.

I will be recieving my first order of RB crushers very soon. They are supposed to arrive by the end of next week. I got the following grippers in standard aluminum handles with black springs: 180IP, 210IP, 240IP, 260IP, 300IP, 330IP, 240IP narrow, 260IP narrow, and 300IP narrow. I can't wait to train with them. I hope to close the 300IP narrow right out of the box. :rock

I am looking for a gripper that is little bit easier than CoC#2. What RB-gripper i should buy. What other grippers would be good choises. Then i think i need a gripper that is little bit tougher than Coc #2. Is RB210 good choise.

Probably the RB 160 will be ok. RB 180 is very close to a regular CoC#2. RB 210 is harder than a regular CoC#2.

Since I am from Sweden, I bought them straight from Robert Baraban. I have no idea what it would cost for you. If you were wondering wheter the RB grippers are comparable to the COC and Tetting grippers quality wise, then YES, absolutely, I think the RB grippers are the finest grippers there is.

Since I'm from Sweden too, how much did you pay?

Probably the RB 160 will be ok. RB 180 is very close to a regular CoC#2. RB 210 is harder than a regular CoC#2.

I got the upgrade kit of RB180, RB210 and RB240 recently and I was dissapointed to find that my 180 was quite a bit tougher than my COC#2 and a huge amount harder than the old 160 I have - I use the 160 for strapholds but I can't even think about closing the 180. All three of these grippers have the springs set very deeply, so I am guessing that these are hard rather than my COC being easy - all very annecdotal evidence though.

I thought that the next gripper above the coc#2 was the rb210 followed by bbsm, but now that you are saying that your rb180 is harder than your coc#2 I may pick up an rb180 before the rb210.