Second annual StrongHold competition.

Aroostook Barbell

Hey all.

*Mark your calendars*

2nd annual StrongHold grip competition held October 21rst 1pm at Aroostook Barbell.

Promoter: Ronni Bossie
City: Fort Fairfield, Maine.
Date: October 21rst. 
Time: 1pm.
$20 entry fee. 
Events: Grippers. 20mm set.
2x5 AASS Saxon bar.
2” AASS 1 hand nightmare. 
AASS inch pinch. 
*Possible surprise event post competition*

This contest is sanctioned through GripSport International. 

All levels welcomed.  Please share and come join.  

Thank you!

since I am new to promoting contests, and especially posting here, let me know if any of you see anything that needs to be amended or is left out. Thanks.

IMG_6343.jpeg

Edited by Aroostook Barbell
  • Like 6

10 hour drive from Long Island ... doh ... but such AWESOME events.  I probably can't make it, but I will see what I can do, because I'd love to do those events.

• Like 1

I agree.  A very long drive.  I’m so excited for it!  It’s a great way to bring the meathead community together!  Lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Facebook won't allow viewing of the event unless we are friends with you (which may be your intent, but just letting you know in case you didn't know).

Oh, ok.  Good to know.  I’ll switch it to public.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I think Tim Butler (@temmmeeee) and I might make it!  Figuring out hotel/air bnb and timing.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 8:33 AM, Aroostook Barbell said:

Good chance I can make it -- can you make this public, or is there another way to sign up?  This link still says it is private.

Dude!  That would be amazing!!!  I thought I made it public, but when I tried, for some reason the option isn’t highlighted.  I’ll keep trying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Dude!  That would be amazing!!!  I thought I made it public, but when I tried, for some reason the option isn’t highlighted.  I’ll keep trying. 

It worked now, either because public or because you sent me friend request - I didn't actually see a sign up form, though.  Anyway, @temmmeeee and I booked a room 3 hours from you, so we could drive up most of the way late Friday and then drive the last three hours Saturday morning before the comp (to get there by noon latest).

Looking forward to it!  I love the events.  I have never done 2-inch Saxon bar or Inch Pinch in a competition and I like both of those implements, so it will be good to get on the board with those.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, Vinnie said:

It worked now, either because public or because you sent me friend request - I didn't actually see a sign up form, though.  Anyway, @temmmeeee and I booked a room 3 hours from you, so we could drive up most of the way late Friday and then drive the last three hours Saturday morning before the comp (to get there by noon latest).

Looking forward to it!  I love the events.  I have never done 2-inch Saxon bar or Inch Pinch in a competition and I like both of those implements, so it will be good to get on the board with those.

Excited to have you both!!!

• Like 1

Hey all.  There is now going to be a medley for the final event. Grip tops, plate(s) pinch, block weights of different weights, sledgehammer, that sort of thing. Probably 8-10 items for 2 minutes time. 

• Like 2

I wish I could go..  Thats way up there in Maine. Looks like a fun event and someones gotta come in last.... Its just so hard with work to even think about competing.

@Vinnie You probably dont but if you had time and go through Boston. Hit me up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You probably dont but if you had time and go through Boston. Hit me up.

I'm driving Tim up, we should just pic you up on the way.  You wouldn't have to miss Friday or Monday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I'm driving Tim up, we should just pic you up on the way.  You wouldn't have to miss Friday or Monday.

That would be amazing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Very tempting. I’ll give that some thought!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Trophies are ready to go thanks to the beautiful work of Lucas Raymond.  

IMG_6770.jpeg

• Like 2

Tim B (93kg weight class), Anthony C (74kg), and I (83kg) are driving up Friday night from the NYC area and renting a cabin 20 minutes from the comp for 2 nights.  Really looking forward to the road trip, the comp, and hanging out afterwards!

@Blacksmith513 - still thinking about it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Tim B (93kg weight class), Anthony C (74kg), and I (83kg) are driving up Friday night from the NYC area and renting a cabin 20 minutes from the comp for 2 nights.  Really looking forward to the road trip, the comp, and hanging out afterwards!

@Blacksmith513 - still thinking about it?

Damn that sounds fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Damn that sounds fun. 

The three of us road tripped to North Carolina last year (and Anthony and I did this year) for AGP, and that was awesome.  This is about the same distance (10 hours each way).  And yeah, it is a great getaway from the routine of life.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1