Hussain Ali has a crazy grip strength!

Alawadhi

I finally met with Hussain last week. The entire story is in my YouTube video description. Highlights were CoC # 3.5 close, near CoC # 4 rated at 217 (bad technique), Millennium dumbbell lift, and blob50 lift. He hadn't done any specific grip training, ever. Just powerlifting and strongman. He is 22 years old. He simply is a gem. I believe with the right technique and a slighty easier #4 he would close is on his first go. He isn't far off anyway. I also say his thumbs aren't developed much. All the power comes from the fingers. He is truly top tier grip athlete. 

Thank God he isn't camera shy. Two more impressive people came to the Grip Temple but they were camera shy.

• Like 24

I think that given the new talents and the variety of resources that we have these days, there should be heavier levels like a #4,5 for beasts like him, Carl, etc!

Super good Vlog Bader, I enjoyed it as always in your YouTube channel 😁

• Like 3

Amazing. He surely will be able to close a CoC#4 from a wide set in no time, baseline grip strength is through the roof already!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

I don’t know anyone who keeps introducing Grip Monsters to the world seemingly out of nowhere than you!

If you only knew about the camera shy people! So strong. Even the one's who were "less" than Hussain were super strong too. I am talking about first time people doing anything grip. Some aren't even lifters, they are movers/handlers. 

9 hours ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

I think that given the new talents and the variety of resources that we have these days, there should be heavier levels like a #4,5 for beasts like him, Carl, etc!

Super good Vlog Bader, I enjoyed it as always in your YouTube channel 😁

Totally agree. These guys are taking our sport to a new level.
Thanks!

• Like 1

Insane grip strength. Have you tried showing him some arm wrestling?

• Like 1

I like seeing this because it leads me to believe we are only scratching the surface of what is possible.  If the sport can grow beyond a small niche, we will see some truly insane stuff beyond what has already been done.  

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I like seeing this because it leads me to believe we are only scratching the surface of what is possible.  If the sport can grow beyond a small niche, we will see some truly insane stuff beyond what has already been done.  

I completely agree. I am almost 100% certain, that there are many more extremely gifted grip athletes out there, potentially capable of performing insane feats of strength. Just imagine someone as gifted as Tiziano, but potentially 100lbs heavier and/or with 9 inch hands. It's scary.

@Alawadhi I think Hussain is literally ready to cert the #3 and #3.5 in one go. I wish him the best of luck and hope to see more of his feats in the near future!

Edited by Alex K

20 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Insane grip strength. Have you tried showing him some arm wrestling?

Not yet

13 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Where do you find these people?

That's an art. You should know where to look :) There are tons like that but you should be able to meet them and test them. I have been successful with a lot of them.

8 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I believe that. Grip is also specific. I mean we have seen world strongest men like Hafthor and Eddie Hall at their peak what they can do with grip, not very much. But the likes of Hussain are possible to find. I mean some people train their entire life to maybe lift the Inch, Close a 3, and so on. Then someone like Hussain comes along and closes a 3.5 first try, almost a #4 (I believe with right technique and easier #4 he would've done it on his first time), the Millennium and so on. There are few very strong people in grip are in my mind who can do what Hussain did, I just need to align my time with theirs and get them over to the Grip Temple.

15 minutes ago, Alex K said:

I completely agree. I am almost 100% certain, that there are many more extremely gifted grip athletes out there, potentially capable of performing insane feats of strength. Just imagine someone as gifted as Tiziano, but potentially 100lbs heavier and/or with 9 inch hands. It's scary.

@Alawadhi I think Hussain is literally ready to cert the #3 and #3.5 in one go. I wish him the best of luck and hope to see more of his feats in the near future!

Yeah I believe Hussain can cert on the 3 and 3.5.

• Like 1

Amazing!  There's not really much to say about guys like him - whatever combination of genetics - work - and training life that results in this level of strength needs to be bottled and sold.  Can I be the first customer LOL?  

• Like 1

22 years, still a kid :rock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Not yet

That's an art. You should know where to look :) There are tons like that but you should be able to meet them and test them. I have been successful with a lot of them.

I believe that. Grip is also specific. I mean we have seen world strongest men like Hafthor and Eddie Hall at their peak what they can do with grip, not very much. But the likes of Hussain are possible to find. I mean some people train their entire life to maybe lift the Inch, Close a 3, and so on. Then someone like Hussain comes along and closes a 3.5 first try, almost a #4 (I believe with right technique and easier #4 he would've done it on his first time), the Millennium and so on. There are few very strong people in grip are in my mind who can do what Hussain did, I just need to align my time with theirs and get them over to the Grip Temple.

Yeah I believe Hussain can cert on the 3 and 3.5.

Bader, do you own "Snookenstein" or is it still Laine's? You definately need bigger dumbbells in your grip temple!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Bader, do you own "Snookenstein" or is it still Laine's? You definately need bigger dumbbells in your grip temple!

I don't own it, yet. Maybe I should now since half of the people who come over can lift the Millennium.

• Like 3

On 9/11/2023 at 11:01 PM, Alawadhi said:

I don't own it, yet. Maybe I should now since half of the people who come over can lift the Millennium.

Just because you are located closer to the equator :) 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Just because you are located closer to the equator :) 

That's funny because things are actually lighter there. Not that it matters but it's true tho :D 

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

That's funny because things are actually lighter there. Not that it matters but it's true tho :D 

Yup I heard it from few before but I call it nonsense based on people's performance at my place VS theirs's. The farther they were from the equator (in the own gym) the better their feats & lifts were. Few 45's pinchers couldn't even pinch my 35's. Two Inch lifters could not lift my Inch. The list goes on. Hey maybe it's humidity or lack of chalk on my implements or or or. Point is, it is harder here. Anyone is welcome to my place if they want to test their strength and feel the difference.

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Yup I heard it from few before but I call it nonsense based on people's performance at my place VS theirs's. The farther they were from the equator (in the own gym) the better their feats & lifts were. Few 45's pinchers couldn't even pinch my 35's. Two Inch lifters could not lift my Inch. The list goes on. Hey maybe it's humidity or lack of chalk on my implements or or or. Point is, it is harder here. Anyone is welcome to my place if they want to test their strength and feel the difference.

Well, it's not not "nonsense". You're futher away from the earths core at the equator so things are lighter. But of course it doesn't matter because it's such a small difference. I'm sure people are just joking with you :) 

Humidity will not affect things like grippers and thick bar anyways. It can affect pinch and v-bar lifts for sure though. But I don't know which place I would prefer. Here in Sweden we have extreme changes in humidity. Can be very humid on the summer and it gets basically like a desert sometimes in the winter. I haven't really felt which type of weather I prefer.

It's technically true, but just silly trivia not enough to make a difference. Something as heavy as the millennium dumbbell would only be a few grams lighter at the equator compared to say London. None of the inch style dumbbells are even made this accurately to begin with, and neither are most weight plates so it isn't going to make anyone stronger or do a feat the couldn't do. You're probably adding more weight just by chalking the handle. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Well, it's not not "nonsense". You're futher away from the earths core at the equator so things are lighter. But of course it doesn't matter because it's such a small difference. I'm sure people are just joking with you :) 

Humidity will not affect things like grippers and thick bar anyways. It can affect pinch and v-bar lifts for sure though. But I don't know which place I would prefer. Here in Sweden we have extreme changes in humidity. Can be very humid on the summer and it gets basically like a desert sometimes in the winter. I haven't really felt which type of weather I prefer.

Yeah I am sure some were joking but the thing is which I don't post it some strong gym people believed that and took things lightly. For example, they were saying or hinting I am using easier things for the people. Of course they all came and failed. And those were strong people who could lift the Inch at least. The problem is some people with less brain cell question my integrity because of a joke.

Sam Solomi who is a very strong guy, lifted two 25's KG and cleaned 2 20KG (Pinch grip) said my 45's are harder than most 25KG's. Again, people who could lift the Inch couldn't lift the Inch in my place. Now to kill this case in the GripBoard, let me make you an offer you shouldn't refuse. If you can lift the Inch (or you best Inch style dumbbell lift), 2 45's LBS/20's KG and and and (except for grippers because that is different). Come to my gym and do the same lift to show it is easier. You pay for your flight and hotel (I will help with getting it cheaper) for 5 days. If you replicated your lifts I will reimburse you (my word is my bond, people know me) what you have paid. If not, then I won't. Either ways, whether you lift it or not I will give you a awesome time in Dubai at my own expense. But it should be from October 24th until first week of December because before that and after that my schedule is full. I am sure either ways we will enjoy each other company.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:40 PM, Florian Kellersmann said:

I own it 👍🏻