Saxon Grips (Saxon attachment from Abmat)

matek

Anyone tried the "Saxon Grips" from Abmat? Here is the link. 
Opinions? The price seems ok for a pair, but I'm not sure how well it would mimic a Saxon bar since it clearly rolls around the bar (+ the grippy texture which is an annoying problem with thick bar implements as well). 

Btw getting a full size Saxon bar is not an option for me now (space limitations..), but I don't mind bringing a small implement to the gym. 

sbi.png

• Like 4

Liked 'em until I saw the price lol.  But a good implement.  I would probably bring it to the gym also, since I don't have a place to use a Saxon bar at home.

• Like 1

I just took a piece of 4x4 wood, drilled a hole through and cut them in half same thing for just a few bucks. If you wanted to be fancy you could add in magnets or velcro to hold it together or just some tape lt doesn't have to be elaborate 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I just took a piece of 4x4 wood, drilled a hole through and cut them in half same thing for just a few bucks. If you wanted to be fancy you could add in magnets or velcro to hold it together or just some tape lt doesn't have to be elaborate 

Yeah before I got a Saxon bar for my home gym I used to bring a 4x4 block with an eye bolt screwed into it and a loading pin to the gym lol that only cost me like $2 because the wood came from a scrap pile at work 😂

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, guys. Will think about it. 
Would be great to have an option that can stop the rotation, like with a T-bar collar.