Loadable Blob

Sonny

I was thinking about ordering a blobette from PDA (extra cash from X-mas)! I know it's hollow so it can be filled with sand and shot etc. But I was wondering if a loading pin could be used with it as well?

On PDAs news page there is a guy that states he uses his Blobette

with a loading pin. He does not say in what manner or how he hooks

it up. Well actually he states he used a sling around it but no details.

I would email John Szimanski at PDA with your question

pda@fractionalplates.com

I'm the one - I take a 4' long climbing sling, loop it thru itself and around the Blobette with the end hanging down, clip a carabiner thru it and into a short loading pin. I usually sit the Blobette on the end of my bench, then pick it off the bench and it loads with the pin within a couple inches off the bench. I really like my Blobette, I have it loaded to about 25# right now, I can use that for tosses from hand to hand, then load it with the sling/loading pin for heavier work. I'm ready now to fill it to 30# for my tosses. It's working out extremely well for my goal of someday lifting a real York Blob. I've been making slow but steaady progress with it.

Size 7 1/2 lead shot for loading shotgun shells just because that's what I had at the time. It goes in easily and doesn't come out too bad but I did have to kind of stick a pencil in and out a few times unloading it just to see how it would work.