Devon Larratt belt lifts

slazbob

i did! new PR of 100lbs! 152lbs just seems absurd! i like how devon lifts in a squat so the rest of the body does not compensate.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, slazbob said:

Anyone try any of Devon’s lifts? His pronation lift is really top level. I think it’s 152lb.

59 minutes ago, Rental_Shoes_ said:

i did! new PR of 100lbs! 152lbs just seems absurd! i like how devon lifts in a squat so the rest of the body does not compensate.

Is it this movement? Or smg else?

• Like 2

this is the movement i did, yes

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rental_Shoes_ said:

How long have you been training the movement? 100lbs is a lot on pronation!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rental_Shoes_ said:

Very strong! That’s where I got to. At 100 my pronation just started opening. 

• Like 2

I tried this variation this A.M. and was a bit over 92 LB. My normal training on pronation consists of high rep(20-25)wrist turns over knee with judo belt not entirely over thumb. Devon is one of the greats and his training is fierce. Above poster who did 100 LB that is very good 👍💪🦁

Reason for me doing high reps with pronation is my dominant Right has had bad golfers elbow - High reps has allowed me to work on them and some extent alleviate the pain.

Edited by Kluv#0
Additional info
  • Like 3

I had never trained pronation in any way and never did any sport that involved the movement(tenis/throwing feature it quite a bit) so when i first tried those, i legitimatly couldn't find the mind muscle connection at all, could only do statics properly.

I've been interested in developping this muscle in my goal to condition my right elbow(bad articular fracture on the radial head when i was 21)

it has greatly improved my elbow health and now i can do 30lb for 15x3 reps considering at the beginning i could only do 10 and only a static hold .

i think devon strength standard for this lift is completly absurd, he probably has the strongest pronator in the world and not by a short margin.

Edited by Apneaa
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Apneaa said:

I had never trained pronation in any way and never did any sport that involved the movement(tenis/throwing feature it quite a bit) so when i first tried those, i legitimatly couldn't find the mind muscle connection at all, could only do statics properly.

I've been interested in developping this muscle in my goal to condition my right elbow(bad articular fracture on the radial head when i was 21)

it has greatly improved my elbow health and now i can do 30lb for 15x3 reps considering at the beginning i could only do 10 and only a static hold .

i think devon strength standard for this lift is completly absurd, he probably has the strongest pronator in the world and not by a short margin.

Excellent that you have elbow health and progressing! I have a couple of friends who come over and both are really good at pronation but other areas no so much. I will definitely try this variation and keep reps around 3-5 with moderate weight.

23 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Excellent that you have elbow health and progressing! I have a couple of friends who come over and both are really good at pronation but other areas no so much. I will definitely try this variation and keep reps around 3-5 with moderate weight.

The thumb based version is already much more stable than some other ways to train it but theres some armwrestlers that have been training that strength for a long time and it's fairly taxing on the wrist. Denis cyplenkov has some  issues in one of his wrist and the sound it make when he pronate it doesn't sound good 😂

For anyone training this lift, if it's your first time doing pronation work make sure everything feel good and stable

• Like 1

not very long a couple months, i attribute most of my pronation strength to one arm weighted lockoffs and thickbar training.

• 1 month later...

Started training these lifts a month or two ago.

Currently doing 41 lbs pronating for reps (2x10 or so) and 25 lbs rising for reps. Also do some supination and ulnar deviation.

And just added some of Chris Drummond's thumb pad routine this past week.

Next up is table time.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 2

I actually tried these out yesterday, With a judo belt and weight.

Done in the same strict style as Devon, so squatting down, no raising on toes, using legs or leaning back bend and forearm parallel to the floor, all I could do was:

30kg/66lb for pronation 

25kg/55lbs for risers.

They are tough lifts done in the same manner as Devon.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Done in the same strict style as Devon, so squatting down, no raising on toes, using legs or leaning back bend and forearm parallel to the floor, all I could do was:

30kg/66lb for pronation 

25kg/55lbs for risers.

I haven't attempted the Devon style heavy singles yet. Will give it a try this next week. No one seems to come close to Devon at all on the strength and precise technique of these lifts.

I haven't watched them yet, but apparently Devon is going over a lot of this stuff in detail with Milo on Milo's channel for the start of his new training.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jared P said:

I haven't attempted the Devon style heavy singles yet. Will give it a try this next week. No one seems to come close to Devon at all on the strength and precise technique of these lifts.

I haven't watched them yet, but apparently Devon is going over a lot of this stuff in detail with Milo on Milo's channel for the start of his new training.

I enjoyed trying them. Loads of people online seem to be trying them now, they are fun lifts. Most seem to cheat though and lean back, raise up onto their toes and have Thier forearm too high an angle. 

Weirdly enough I was about to actually watch those videos as I love devons YouTube channel and you have just posted them, what are the chances of that! Freaky.

Give the lifts a try in his style. No wonder his pronator muscle is so big and freaky looking with him being so strong in static pronation. 152lbs/69kg is insane! 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 5:40 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

30kg/66lb for pronation 

25kg/55lbs for risers.

Devon does a post back pressure from parallel with this lift, so it’s okay to come up a little. You have to a little or you raise up with other parts a bit. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2023 at 11:14 PM, Jared P said:

I didn't understand why he bends his wrists a little back before the lift. Can someone explain?

37 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

I didn't understand why he bends his wrists a little back before the lift. Can someone explain?

The move as he explains it…is at the start he uses this strength to pop the opponents hand back. The extension of the wrist puts it on the pronation better when you lift it. It’s a little easier with cup. plus he’s always climbing for height which makes it easier with an extended wrist. Open top roll use mostly.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

Devon does a post back pressure from parallel with this lift, so it’s okay to come up a little. You have to a little or you raise up with other parts a bit. 

Sorry i should have been more specific, I meant on his pronation and riser lift. Back pressure lift would obviously have more of an angle naturally. I've not tried any back pressure lift. I'm new to AW training.

7 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Sorry i should have been more specific, I meant on his pronation and riser lift. Back pressure lift would obviously have more of an angle naturally. I've not tried any back pressure lift. I'm new to AW training.

No, you weren’t misunderstood…I think I was- I am talking about the lifts you said you tried. And there is a bit of posting back pressure to it. I’ve started doing the lift Monday through Thursday with a weight I could use perfectly and daily and resting Friday. I was supposed to try a 90-95% lift Saturday but chose to work preacher curls and reverse curls. So I’ll have to wait until next Saturday. But I am adding a pound or two throughout the week. I’ve been doing rising too, but in the above video he said he has some extension in the wrist while doing it…so I’m excited to try that version because I’d be able to lift more I think.

• Like 1