Choked CoC-4 - 5mm for 100reps RH and 65reps LH for Steve Millard

Ivan Pupchenko

When I posted one of the first videos of multi-reps work with choked 4, in correspondence with Steve Millard, I said that it was quite realistic to perform 100 reps in this style. It was partly a joke based on intuitive feeling that this result is closer than it might seem when watching that video. Then Steve supported me and I had no choice but to try to make it a reality. Along the way, my wrist extensor tendons became inflamed again, and on the penultimate workout, on the 86th rep - finger extensor cramps began. Therefore, the process took longer than I expected... Anyway, yesterday I was still able to do it. And most closing was with loud clicks))). I am very grateful to Steve for his support and motivation and hope that his training is also successful!

• Like 6

Just now, king crusher said:

How did you crush it down in order to put a hoseclamp on it

I squeeze it into a vice, through two pieces of dense rubber 15mm thick, until it is completely closed. After training, I squeeze again in a vice and remove the clamp. Probably this is the only recipe...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I squeeze it into a vice, through two pieces of dense rubber 15mm thick, until it is completely closed. After training, I squeeze again in a vice and remove the clamp. Probably this is the only recipe...

does the vice have any ironmind records? i mean if it can close a COC4.

• Haha 1

Just now, Apneaa said:

does the vice have any ironmind records? i mean if it can close a COC4.

I'm not an Ironmind fan. Rather the contrary. Therefore, I do not occupy a valuable place in my head for their lists of record holders)))

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I was thinking this is your method and the rubber would help protect the gripper and keep it from possibly flying out. 
I remember training with my 3 choked down in a hoseclamp nearly 20yrs ago and I was barely able to set it down in my hand and slip the hoseclamp over the handles and just tighten it down closing it smaller with each turn of the screwdriver but there is no way that would work with a four. 

• Like 1