Teen Axle deadlift record.

Aroostook Barbell

Does anyone know if there is a teen 2” axle dead lift record, and what that is/how I would find that out?  Thanks guys. 

I looked at Arm Lifting but don’t see a way to sort the leaderboards by age. 

And the records section of GripSport international would not load for me.

so basically I’m no help. 

At David Horne's record site I found the following entry for a 14-15 Junior Male. The lift was thumbless double-overhand axle:

Junior Male 14-15 - Luca Roske (Germany) - 90.7k - 15 Dec, 2018 - Big Grip Big Xmas - Eichstatt, Germany (age 14)

Here is the top 100 view from NAGS.org. 

http://www.gripsport.org/lists.php?list=1&gender=1&event=5&country=all&measurement=1

You could systematically try and determine if any of those folks were a teenager during their lift. It stands to reason the highest ranking teenager on the list would have the teen WR. 

I will check the USAWA records list tonight, because it is sorted by age.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mashmonster268 said:

I will check the USAWA records list tonight, because it is sorted by age.  

Thank you!  I’m training a 14 year old who is climbing up very well.  He pulled 225lbs today.  Just curious to see where he stands. 

Edited by Aroostook Barbell
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

He pulled 225lbs today.

Spoiler alert: that's a GREAT lift. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Spoiler alert: that's a GREAT lift. 

He’s a strong little kid.  131 lbs body weight, and 5’3”.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Thank you!  I’m training a 14 year old who is climbing up very well.  He pulled 225lbs today.  Just curious to see where he stands. 

One of mine 14y.o. lifted 130kg yesterday, with a small margin. But with 82kg bw. I'll post a video today or tomorrow

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

One of mine 14y.o. lifted 130kg yesterday, with a small margin. But with 82kg bw. I'll post a video today or tomorrow

That’s awesome!

@Aroostook BarbellThat is a great lift at that light bodyweight and young age!  USAWA record for a 14 year old in the lightest weight class listed (70kg limit) is 260lbs from 2002.  That lift was definitely an outlier though, because it's higher than any weight class at 14 years old for the USAWA records.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mashmonster268 said:

@Aroostook BarbellThat is a great lift at that light bodyweight and young age!  USAWA record for a 14 year old in the lightest weight class listed (70kg limit) is 260lbs from 2002.  That lift was definitely an outlier though, because it's higher than any weight class at 14 years old for the USAWA records.  

Awesome.  Thank you for looking into that for me.  I really appreciate it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Awesome.  Thank you for looking into that for me.  I really appreciate it. 

You are very welcome!

It also may matter what you use as cut-off for "teen."  Obviously a lift in the 200s would be less surprising coming from a kid who weighs 180 at 6 feet tall and will turn 18 next week, whereas it seems like it could be a record from a 130-pound 14-year-old.

• Like 1

My son, who is 17, will be going for Max on DO IM Axle in next 2 weeks- should be north of 300 LB as he weighs 175 ish currently. He is 7th all-time in 74KG class NAGS as a 16 year old! It is awesome to see youngsters training grip at a young age no matter what lift(s) they desire.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

It also may matter what you use as cut-off for "teen."  Obviously a lift in the 200s would be less surprising coming from a kid who weighs 180 at 6 feet tall and will turn 18 next week, whereas it seems like it could be a record from a 130-pound 14-year-old.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

My son, who is 17, will be going for Max on DO IM Axle in next 2 weeks- should be north of 300 LB as he weighs 175 ish currently. He is 7th all-time in 74KG class NAGS as a 16 year old! It is awesome to see youngsters training grip at a young age no matter what lift(s) they desire.

That’s awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Tell him to go for 310!  My axle PR is 308, and I am about his weight ...

(He'd have to cut a bit to hit the 74kg weight class though; that's around 162 pounds).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

My son is 17 and weighs in the 130s, and has no interest in grip but has occasionally tried a few implements and went to one comp with me once.  He can do about 200 axle at his max.  Which I think is probably about average.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

(He'd have to cut a bit to hit the 74kg weight class though; that's around 162 pounds).

We run our own race but he has great hands for his age/size.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

My son is 17 and weighs in the 130s, and has no interest in grip but has occasionally tried a few implements and went to one comp with me once.  He can do about 200 axle at his max.  Which I think is probably about average.  

Nice!