Planning Ahead: US Grip Sport Championship 2024

Jedd Johnson

As I previously announced in various settings, the North American Championship will be held June 1st and 2nd, in 2024, hosted by Eric Roussin.

I think now is a perfect time to begin the process to see who is interested in running the US Grip Sport Championship for 2024.

I think it best to hold it about 2 months prior to the North American Championship date, personally.

Also, as I previously stated multiple times, I am not participating in the poll to hold Nationals in 2024.

With all this in mind, if you are interested in being considered to run Nationals next year, please post here or email me at jedd.diesel@gmail.com

Please include the following:

Promoter Name(s)
Date
Location / Gym
City / State
Events
Any other pertinent information you would like to include.

As always, I encourage anyone who is interested to come forward.  Also, keep in mind, it is decided by a vote - the most popular venue will win the poll.  The events you run, where you are located, date, etc - all of this goes into which option the competitors will choose to vote for.

All lifter currently qualified for Nationals will be able to vote.  I will run the poll in November and will be expanding the qualification pool based on rankings within our GSI top 100 database rankings.

Any questions, please post or email me.

Thanks,

Jedd

• Like 5

We’re aiming to run the Canadian Nationals around the same time, so everyone should be on an equal footing for the North Americans. :)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bumping again to see if anyone else is interested in putting their name in to be added to the poll to see who runs Nationals next year.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:55 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

As I previously announced in various settings, the North American Championship will be held June 1st and 2nd, in 2024, hosted by Eric Roussin.

I think now is a perfect time to begin the process to see who is interested in running the US Grip Sport Championship for 2024.

I think it best to hold it about 2 months prior to the North American Championship date, personally.

Am I understanding correctly from this that the US Grip Sport Championship for 2024 would ideally be held in April 2024?

I will be running Maryland's Strongest Hands in April 2024 with the exact date yet to be determined.   I may be open to the option to run this contest as the North American Championship/Qualifier.   This event was originally planned not to conflict with other Midatlantic contests.  

Edited by lder
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lder said:

I will be running Maryland's Strongest Hands in April 2024 with the exact date yet to be determined.   I may be open to the option to run this contest as the North American Championship/Qualifier.   This event was originally planned not to conflict with other Midatlantic contests.  

Edit- US Grip Championship not North America championship.  

On 9/14/2023 at 6:50 PM, lder said:

Edit- US Grip Championship not North America championship.  

Feel free to send the info listed above to my email address to be added to the poll, which will run in November.