Best vertical grip? 408 lbs on 2'' V-bar handle.

Kashtan

11 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Igor, in this "federation" (as well as friendly ones), a hook-grip on vertical handles is allowed. I talked with these "record holders". There are adequate ones who say - "the hook is not prohibited, why can't I use it?", and others start a conflict or baned me. So, the weight is big, but it has nothing to do with the grip, as it is understood by those who are engaged in gripsport. And by the way. This result, which is on your video, has already been surpassed by one of those "heroes" who can lift a 2.5' jug in hook-style grip. I am looking forward to the KK to see their results - they are going to perform...

In addition, in these "organizations" of armlifting, they are clearly experimenting with the abrasiveness of paint on grip-devices - on hubs  lift more than 50% of our weight there is the norm. Even women are already lifting well over 30kg. And the men's record with ironmind grip exceeds 50kg. And pinch-block results are similar...

For an example the peculiarities of these and similar competitions, I attached a video with 195kg axle lift with an athlete's weight of 89kg. I think you or someone with similar experience with axel will understand what is happening there during making a grip on axle...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Igor, in this "federation" (as well as friendly ones), a hook-grip on vertical handles is allowed. I talked with these "record holders". There are adequate ones who say - "the hook is not prohibited, why can't I use it?", and others start a conflict or baned me. So, the weight is big, but it has nothing to do with the grip, as it is understood by those who are engaged in gripsport. And by the way. This result, which is on your video, has already been surpassed by one of those "heroes" who can lift a 2.5' jug in hook-style grip. I am looking forward to the KK to see their results - they are going to perform...

In addition, in these "organizations" of armlifting, they are clearly experimenting with the abrasiveness of paint on grip-devices - on hubs  lift more than 50% of our weight there is the norm. Even women are already lifting well over 30kg. And the men's record with ironmind grip exceeds 50kg. And pinch-block results are similar...

For an example the peculiarities of these and similar competitions, I attached a video with 195kg axle lift with an athlete's weight of 89kg. I think you or someone with similar experience with axel will understand what is happening there during making a grip on axle...

Hook on 2.5'' - this is insane. 2'' - just rare, but 2.5'' - who is this man?

Just now, Kashtan said:

Hook on 2.5'' - this is insane. 2'' - just rare, but 2.5'' - who is this man?

you know them. Why say names if people haven't done anything wrong yet.. I can also glue my hand to the jug with superglue, but I won't do it. they also will have to make a choice

40 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

you know them. Why say names if people haven't done anything wrong yet.. I can also glue my hand to the jug with superglue, but I won't do it. they also will have to make a choice

Is this why the handshake at the end of second video is odd? Seems like he's intentionally avoiding hand and shakes his wrist..

17 hours ago, Vinny F said:

Is this why the handshake at the end of second video is odd? Seems like he's intentionally avoiding hand and shakes his wrist..

A person who is able to completely capture the phalanx of the thumb on 50 mm axle does not need glue. (and for someone like me, with normal-sized hands, glue won't help))) The weight that he can lift is limited only by the strength of the ligaments between the phalanges of the thumb, the strength of the shoulder joint (once at a powerlifting competition I saw how the collarbone breaks off from the shoulder joint with a hook-grip on deadlift) and the strength of an athlete in deadlift with a normal diameter bar... The fact that he avoids shaking hands with a 99.9% probability is due to the fact that in our regions it is not customary to shake hands with a person with clean hands if yours are in chalk.

The video clearly shows how the athlete, using his left hand, pulls his fingers around axle as much as possible and captures his right thumb as much as possible. On the left, he performs the capture without help, most likely due to the fact that usually a right-handed person has a thicker layer of muscles on the right palm, and with the fingers brought together there is less space inside, as well as the joints of the fingers on the right hand are often less mobile....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1