Thanks Fellas

Rick Walker

Ended up with a 50/50 tie and accomplished NOTHING.

Thanks-

Rick Walker :rock

268 hits with only 14 votes-that was my point-

Rick Walker :rock

Rick I would ask those that were there at the first one. Chances are those are the guys that will form the meat of the competitors at the next one.

Sorry about getting the thread closed.My bad.

Too bad more didn't vote.I voted.

Last thought?IMO....model it a bit like a strongman contest.In-out-all business- and socilaize afterwards.IF those promoters can do it???perhaps grip promoters could also?

You should not feel bad. I think you gained a lot of respect from those of us who do organize grip strength competitions. It is true that I am trying to avoid competition from strongmen. As a matter of fact we have from day one done our best to exclude them from the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge.

Keep up the good work.

You should not feel bad. I think you gained a lot of respect from those of us who do organize grip strength competitions. It is true that I am trying to avoid competition from strongmen. As a matter of fact we have from day one done our best to exclude them from the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge. 

Keep up the good work.

Whatever :erm .I had an opinion on your 15 hour time frame post and I didn't agree with it.I posted an opinion.You didn't like it.Simple.Let me qualify my post by stating this opinion was gathered through some practical experience.My trainer and friend promoted the contest-that I spoke about -so i DO know what goes in to a contest.I helped set it up the day before and all day at the contest.I helped set up the events.Iworked my ass off !!and this wasn't moving 'gippers'around,setting up a chalk stand,or loading plates on a Rolling Thunder.You don't have to BE a promoter to understand how IT was done?You don't have to BE a promoter or a participant to understand what fans might want to see?You don't have to BE a promoter to know how much work is involved?You Don't have to BE a promoter to be sensible?and certainly....ONE could certainly be entitled to an opinion...without actually having BEEN a promoter? I've read all about your contests.....and... Honestly?and no sarcasm intended...You can't honestly believe that any of your contests were as difficult to 'put on' as the contest i described was?

BTW, 3 of the men that competed in the 'Survival of the Strongest'went on to compete at WSM.The promoter flew in former World Strongest Man competitor ,Phil Martin to be a judge.Phil Martin did NOT know any of the competitors personally and in fact was from California.....they wanted absolute impartial judgeing...no 'homeboy'decisions or friendly judgeing.As it should be.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

I voted for a one day event even though it would probably be impossible as it was run at the first one. And I wouldn't want that changed!!!! It was awesome. Most strength competions (from what I can gather I've never competed in any) limit the attempts allowed. This ends up making the contest more strategical then actually finding out how strong the competitors are. If that makes the contest drag over an hour and last all day then so be it. Heck even with allowing only 3 attempts it'd still last over an hour.

Jon@han

I've read all about your contests.....and... Honestly?and no sarcasm intended...You can't honestly believe that any of your contests were as difficult to 'put on' as the contest i described was?

It is not so much about the 'difficulty' of the event as it is about having five attempts with each hand using the rounds system. We like this way of organising it as it allows everyone to get very very close to their maximum potential in each event and keeps the excitement of each event in a much better way than the rising bar system. By limiting the number of competitors to 10 and the number of events to five, we can run the competition in about 6 1/2 hours. We could do it in a significantly shorter time if we had more help but with no money in it yet we don't. I do personally not give a rats ass about this not being a spectator friendly sport. This does not seem to deter strongmen. The LGC competition attracts more, high caliber strongmen than any other full (five) event pure grip competition in the world, and as you all became painfully aware of at the last WSM, the standard of Swedish strongmen is fairly high.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

A) I do personally not give a rats ass about this not being a spectator friendly sport.

B)This does not seem to deter strongmen.

C) and as you all became painfully aware of at the last WSM, the standard of Swedish strongmen is fairly high.

I have an opinion and I'm entitled to it.You can do what ever you want.You can take as long as you want.You don't have to agree with my opinion and i don't have to agree with yours.

A)Maybe this is why you did NOT have "more money"and "more help".You posted "We could do it in a significantly shorter time but with no money in it YET we don't".This means that IF a contest had more money and 'help' it COULD be done in less time?(less than 15 hours?)This also indicates you(at some time in the future perhaps?) EXPECT more money and more help?yet your attitude conveyed by your quote of not giving a "rats ass about this being a spectator friendly sport" is not condusive to obtaining more money or more help.Do you expect more money and more 'help'from sponsors if there are no spectators or media coverage?????If it is not in the least bit spectator friendly where will the 'future'help you are counting on come from?

B)Just a legitimate question here.How many WSM COMPETITORS have competed in your contest(s)?Just wondering.

C)I am not in any pain that i am aware of.

"you all"????who is that?however in the mean time I will consult with a physician.

i am keeping it civil and will continue to do so.

369 lb.mike Dean holding-for time-a 462lb Log at 'Survival of the Strongest'

Mike Dean pulling a 6.5 ton Forklift up a slight grade for 60 ft.

Out of 15 competitors,including Bryan Neese and Whit Baskin(who both have competed in WSM) and INCH dumbell lifter Tony Scrivens ONLY Mike Dean and Phil Pfister had the grip and back strength to finish this event.Most competitors said their grips "went first" as the up hill pull allowed NO momentum.In the back ground of the hand over hand photo is the 1200lb Wheelbarrow (Partially loaded with cinder blocks in the photo)

Interesting fact? Mike doesn't train Grip at all and rarely lifts weights at all.

We had to arrange the log and set it up for each competitor AND we had to set up the forklift for each competitor to pull. It was a labor intensive contest....that was completed in 8 hours...which was 2 hours behind 'schedule' due to mechanical problems.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

B)Just a legitimate question here.How many WSM COMPETITORS have competed in your contest(s)?Just wondering.

Benny Wennberg competed in the 2003 Team WSM.

I am not sure why the US (and the Brits) are allowed so many competitors in the WSM, year after year.

Benny Wennberg competed in the 2003 Team WSM.

I am not sure why the US (and the Brits) are allowed so many competitors in the WSM, year after year.

i would guess it comes down to money.Simple as that.At this Juncture-as an American-i feel that from a performance perspective that WE have too many spots.Not the politically correct thing to say -but the truth.On the other hand we have the most TV sets.Money talks.

USA has a huge market.i guess the united kingdom has a large market to.

USA has a huge market.i guess the united kingdom has a large market to.

It does. Don't forget that the WSM as currently run is "just a TV show" and is run for that format. If the US TV Producer has the power to get events changed and altered so as to be more "TV Friendly" then they can certainly influence the number of spots allocated.