"The HULK" PowerGripper

Cannon

This is fun y'alls. :santa:

A customer asked us a while back why we don't have the 400 lbs grippers from Powerball. So we inquired with Powerball and now we have them! 

This custom gripper has a larger 8.5 mm spring and thicker 20 mm handles. For those familiar with Baraban it's that size of handle. The handles have beautiful green anodized color and great aggressive knurling. I'll say that again--great knurling! 

This thing truly is a hulk and fills a great slot in the ratings spectrum. The ones we have rated are averaging 195 with a low of 185 and a high of 204. 

You can find these in the pre-rated collection where you can buy an unrated gripper or choose from many pre-rated options which we will update in the future. 

Check out "The Hulk" PowerGripper from Powerball! 

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/the-hulk

image.png

• Like 8

Cool!! Powerball grippers are very nice, the 300 and 350 also have fantastic knurling (but with a 18mm handle diameter). They make great cannon fodder for filling and deep choking without risking your precious CoC's, GHP's or Standards.

@Cannon do you think the gaps in the spring are a design choice to avoid squeaking?

Edited by Scottex92

7 hours ago, Scottex92 said:

@Cannon do you think the gaps in the spring are a design choice to avoid squeaking?

Well... I think it's just what tends to come out of China. I'm not positive anyone thinks it matters or made a choice. Removing time, cost or both from production is usually paramount so they might simply be able to run them faster with gaps. It could help with coating the stainless steel. It could be a lot of things. BUT! There is a perception that the gaps equate to a low quality spring and that is not true. When we first ordered American-made high quality carbon steel springs for Standard, the spring company pointed out to us "these will close smooth and be easier to clean if there were gaps." We opted for no gaps as a preference. So I don't know for sure if it was a conscious decision but there are reasons to go either way. Also I noticed that the extra width with the gaps offsets the handles a little more directly and the path to closure is less skewed. 

• Like 2

Well the pre-rated options went kind of quick! :blink

We will be posting more later today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Well the pre-rated options went kind of quick! :blink

We will be posting more later today. 

Got my cart all queued up this time. I was adding more grippers to my cart and @dubyagrip nabbed the gripper I had my eyes on. 🥲

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Got my cart all queued up this time. I was adding more grippers to my cart and @dubyagrip nabbed the gripper I had my eyes on. 🥲

I will forever haunt your dreams, unless @Cannon posts another 200. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acromegaman said:

Did GHP quit making grippers? 

Not to go off-topic with the Hulk thread, but tagging @Wade Gillingham in case he might not otherwise see the question. If there is more discussion here I can always separate into a new thread in the GHP sponsor area. :)   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I will forever haunt your dreams, unless @Cannon posts another 200. :)

Rating more now. There could be many. In the first round of 20 that I rated there were five 198s. Could have just as easily been 200s. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

How is the handle spread on these?

According to the product page, the average is 65mm

hg.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few we have encountered have crazy mounts or are narrow or both which is how the lowest one is now at 183. But in general, if the rating you choose is 190+ then the spread will generally be over 65 mm. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

20230912_144206.jpg

how do yo like the knurling and the 20mm handles? do you think it has carryover to 19mm grippers? maybe filling is an option...

Edited by Scottex92

2 hours ago, Scottex92 said:

how do yo like the knurling and the 20mm handles? do you think it has carryover to 19mm grippers? maybe filling is an option...

I only got this because it was cheap and a rare rating, I wouldn't do normal training with these dimensions, and I'm not planning to file it. The knurling is fine.

• Like 1