Keypinch Feats Summer '23 - 1 Hand KP Titan Fitness Wagon Wheel (+5 LB) & 2HKP Rogue Fitness 25 KG Plate Inner Rim (+ 5 LB)

Kluv#0

Retired from competing and training but still enjoy Keypinching on active recovery days. Currently writing a book on Keypinch with lots of tips, training, reflection, challenges, feats, Contest WR Focus, etc. should be completed in early 2024 and will be a good read. 

2hkp 25 KG.png

ww plus 5.png

• Like 7

Any guesses on which feat is harder? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I don’t have time to watch the videos now but nice work. Can’t wait to read your book.

ill give it a guess later on tonight.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thinking the 25kg Rogue might be harder.  I can barely see a lip on that thing when you hold it up the camera.

Just went downstairs and looked at the hub on my Titan Wagon Wheel.  Plenty to grab there if I had your keypinch strength.

Either way...I'll need to read your upcoming book and incorporate your technique/training tips before I attempt anything like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

Thinking the 25kg Rogue might be harder.  I can barely see a lip on that thing when you hold it up the camera.

Just went downstairs and looked at the hub on my Titan Wagon Wheel.  Plenty to grab there if I had your keypinch strength.

Either way...I'll need to read your upcoming book and incorporate your technique/training tips before I attempt anything like this.

Doug, you are correct! 25 KG plate with added weight is Difficult especially inner rim. Back in 2019, I did it with 10 lbs added which is borderline insanity. I will show Keypinch 7 ways in this plate in book - crazy hard and unique.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Doug, you are correct! 25 KG plate with added weight is Difficult especially inner rim. Back in 2019, I did it with 10 lbs added which is borderline insanity. I will show Keypinch 7 ways in this plate in book - crazy hard and unique.

Sounds awesome!  Looking forward to it.  Not something I've really worked on.

Somewhat related...I missed a 45lb hub lift at Maryland's Strongest Hands, so I know I need a broader skill set to participate in comps.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Sounds awesome!  Looking forward to it.  Not something I've really worked on.

Somewhat related...I missed a 45lb hub lift at Maryland's Strongest Hands, so I know I need a broader skill set to participate in comps.

Plate hubbing is challenging no doubt and sometimes a person just needs time to orient themselves with the plate via finger positioning, stance, lat flex,etc. Obviously, you have strong thumbs so a bit of specific training on Plate Hubs and/or Keypinch will show favorable results. Best of Strength!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was going with Dougs guess too. That is really intense.   

Always look forward to what your doing and have done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Plate hubbing is challenging no doubt and sometimes a person just needs time to orient themselves with the plate via finger positioning, stance, lat flex,etc. Obviously, you have strong thumbs so a bit of specific training on Plate Hubs and/or Keypinch will show favorable results. Best of Strength!

Thanks Michael!  I plan to start incorporating hub work after Heavy Hands (literally a month from today) because I believe it will show up again in the medley for Maryland's Strongest Hands in April 2024.

• Like 2

Keypinch & Wrist Combo feat to lockout. Having fun with our daughter watching once again:)

1 hub.png

2 hub.png

hub 3 finish.png

• Like 2

Nice Michael!  The sheer size of the wagon wheel makes for a stunning visual.  Very cool...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Nice Michael!  The sheer size of the wagon wheel makes for a stunning visual.  Very cool...

Doug, I agree the size is so cool looking and presents challenges for side lockouts. My son and I are very pleased with the investment in these wheels, and Iam sure you feel the same. Hopefully, others will take advantage of the current sale. Thanks for watching

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Doug, I agree the size is so cool looking and presents challenges for side lockouts. My son and I are very pleased with the investment in these wheels, and Iam sure you feel the same. Hopefully, others will take advantage of the current sale. Thanks for watching

Can't find the invoice from Titan Fitness, but I have a photo of the wagon wheels in my home gym from May 2018.

Funny thing is, I never thought of them as grip implements until your videos!  hahaha

But yeah...they've seen plenty of use and were a good investment for me.  Very happy with them.

• Like 1

I had seen Joel D. hub WW a couple times prior to purchasing for my son.  Me being a KP enthusiast it was a natural to want Keypinch lift them. Timmah from England has a 55 LB Wagon Wheel but with deeper hub. Both are the top dogs (1 and 1A) in plate hubbing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JasonD said:

I don’t know how the hell you’re pinching that 25kg plate?! The freaking hub on them is minuscule! 👏👏👏👏

I can tolerate much Keypinch pain mostly due to stub training, just kidding!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

4-Way Keypinch of 25 KG (55 LB) Rogue Fitness Plate. First person to correctly guess which is the hardest of the four for me, wins a Jackson:)

• Like 2

I mean you made them all look easy, so I'll just guess that the last was the hardest 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I mean you made them all look easy, so I'll just guess that the last was the hardest 😁

Congrats! PM me your PayPal

• Like 1

Forgot to post this earlier- 10 LB added 2HKP Inner Hub Rogue Fitness Hub

beast mode.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe one other person on the planet who could train and do this KP superset - 52.2 LB Griptopz Stub & 113.5 2HKP Griptopz Shallow Hub. NFL baby all day

• Like 2