Finally

EricMilfeld

I gave myself a Christmas present by bending the 240 after failing to do so on several different occasions. Victories after a string of failures are always the sweetest. Well, I have a witness and the required strength, now all I need is a digital video camera.

Anyone else hit it hard on Christmas?

Thank you fine sirs. Our Savior was kind enough to bless me with the strength neccessary so I might be able to give myself this PR present on His birthday, more specifically. There's a mouthful.

You guys take the day off from this obsession?

Excellent. I will soon have my first go at the challenge bars myself and will be happy if I can bend a 140 kg bar. What is your next goal? A 247.5 kg bar perhaps?

Thanks Mikael. I don't own any of the 247s, but eventually would like to conquer the 260. I have plenty of tough nails and bolts at home with which to train for that feat.

I doubt I could of handled a 140 when I started this madness back in September. So, with your already super strong grip base, Mikael, I suspect you will make unreal progress. Just remember: don't fear the pain! ;)

Eric,

Well done.

Yes Mikael don't fear the pain, it will go for most of us.

On christmas day I gave my boys and Elizabeth bending rags and nails and bars as small filler pressies. Elizabeth :kiss kinked a blue cut down to 5" (I'm sure she'll bend the blue at the right distance-thanks Ray), Jason bent his 6" nails even with his sore head :whacked, Oliver and Alex bent there challenge bars. This gave a good appetite for the food that followed.

Anyway, hope everyone's had a good time, we have.

David

On christmas day I gave my boys and Elizabeth bending rags and nails and bars as small filler pressies. Elizabeth :kiss kinked a blue cut down to 5" (I'm sure she'll bend the blue at the right distance-thanks Ray), Jason bent his 6" nails even with his sore head :whacked, Oliver and Alex bent there challenge bars. This gave a good appetite for the food that followed.

David

Sounds like a great time had by all! Your Elizabeth is one tough gal! Very impressive for any gender!

Congrats Eric

Congrats Eric,

I'm still playing in the kiddie land of bending materials but I did do some bending that was beyond what I've done before, but it was all braced still I always figure once I can get it braced the potential is there to get the job done unbraced with some perserverence.

Jon@han

Thanks again guys!

Jonathan, I've only braced on one occassion, and that was when I received my 205 bars. I could only put the slightest kink in it, and I braced it to a fuller kink just to see if it was even doable. I figure since I'm training to certify with unbraced bends, I'd better train that way.

What are ya bending these days Jonathan?

Congrats on the 165 Cunny! Next stop?

My best bend to date would be the cheap dollar store wrenches I snapped in two. Pretty cruddy metal with all those air bubbles the snapped edges looked like an Aero bar :laugh Still it did my ego some good. I've u'd 1/4" x5" grade 2 bolts on a couple occasions.

The wife got me some real 60d's for Christmas that are not spiraled haven't budged them yet.

Jon@han

Jonathan, your bolt bend is very good. I've never tried a wrench. It does sound like great fun. What's the standard technique? A thigh brace? I saw Big Steve do one on video, but since I viewed it pre bending era I didn't pay much attention to technique.

Congrats.

I also hit it hard, for me. Bent only my 2nd hard 40d nail. Did it for my older brother so he could take it back to his friends who doubt the crazy stories he tells them. Also, closed the #2 a few times for everybody, which I couldn't do last xmas. Going to take a photo to send to my little brother in California, I think I'll do a squat lockout with like 1000+ or something that looks impressive, anybody got any better ideas? I thought about holding a full beer keg overhead with 1 hand but in a photo you don't know if its empty ;). Happy holidays all.

Eric I Forgot to give you credit in your thread that is awesome :rock .

Next stop for me be able to dominate the 165 before moving up I only got the ends to 3 inches apart.

Thanks for the support guys.

Mike, hot dog, yeh a 1000 pound squat lockout would definitely get my attention. And nice work with the 40Ds!

Cunny, I know that has to frustrating when you get it all the way down to 3 inches and then it stops ya like a brick wall. I suspect if you dug in your heals at that point and played around with various crushing techniques, you could finish it off. I'll usually, at that point, grab it with one hand and then push in the opposite side with palm pressure, holding it up against my chest. I seem able to generate a lot of leverage like this, despite not having real strong chest muscles.