Iron Mind Pinch Block

slazbob

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the rules process for the Iron Mind pinch block? The specific question I have is: what does it mean to “wipe clean “ the block before each attempt? Specially, most have a seasoned block…so it’s not really going to be totally clean. 
I started wiping it clean, then reapplying chalk before I attempt a lift. So I guess I have to wipe it clean, and can just chalk my hand? Simple, I know…but would like to know since I’ve been enjoying training with it the last couple weeks, and don’t want to fudge my progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the rules process for the Iron Mind pinch block? The specific question I have is: what does it mean to “wipe clean “ the block before each attempt? Specially, most have a seasoned block…so it’s not really going to be totally clean. 
I started wiping it clean, then reapplying chalk before I attempt a lift. So I guess I have to wipe it clean, and can just chalk my hand? Simple, I know…but would like to know since I’ve been enjoying training with it the last couple weeks, and don’t want to fudge my progress.

If you’re looking to try to set a record that is recognized by IronMind, then yes, you must wipe the block clean and then you can only apply chalk to your hand. However, for the GSI leaderboard, a chalked implement is allowed and even encouraged. In King Kong, most blocks will be heavily chalked. So it depends on what your goals are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you look at the photos of Harri Tolonen and Elizabeth Horne on Ironmind's site, you'll see the block looks pretty well chalked and seasoned.

harri-tolonen-51.40-kg-IronMind-Block.jpg_847538563.jpg

Elizabeth_horne.jpg_1833597538.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some are really good at it….I’ve seen one of Jedd’s videos with it, and after he put it down, you couldn’t see his imprints haha. I’ve been brushing it with a soft brush I got at the dollar store for dishes. I brush the old stuff off and re apply new chalk for every attempt. It’s crazy how well it works.

• Like 1

Yeah, i have mine pretty well caked on.  Going for 100lbs tomorrow.  Its crazy the numbers people are pulling on this thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

If you look at the photos of Harri Tolonen and Elizabeth Horne on Ironmind's site, you'll see the block looks pretty well chalked and seasoned.

harri-tolonen-51.40-kg-IronMind-Block.jpg_847538563.jpg

Elizabeth_horne.jpg_1833597538.jpg

I don't know about Harri's lift but I'm fairly certain Elizabeth's lift was done before the new rules was in place. It was in 2016. Harri's record was in 2018, I think that might have been around the time when they changed the rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Yeah, i have mine pretty well caked on.  Going for 100lbs tomorrow.  It’s crazy the numbers people are pulling on this thing.

I've actually started using mine because your videos got me interested in it again. I think I avg. about 2 pinch workout’s a year, sometimes I go a year without doing them. I don’t want to do that anymore haha. I got 92.6 lbs on Saturday so I’m trying to keep up. I don’t do them every week; I substitute them with an inch trainer. So next Saturday I’ll try 95lbs.

• Like 1