Check Out The Im News Update, Its About The Reds!

MIKE HALEY RILEY CLOE

I will let you guys read it for yourselves, pretty impressive stuff! :bow Mike

It's about time they got certified for that feat. Hats off to the whole Holle family! That's some impressive stuff. :rock Rivaling Brookfield?

Rivaling Brookfield?

Beating him. It would be nice to see Brookfield try to top Gavin.

I was told that Brookfield bent a red cut to, if I remember correctly, 5 1/2".

I was told that Brookfield bent a red cut to, if I remember correctly, 5 1/2".

I am sure the NEW claim from Brookfield is a <6" Red, but is unclear if Brookfield can even bend a full length Red unbraced. I have it on good authority that Brookfield starts his bends with a quick, hard brace against his hip and then lifts his hand up to finish the bend unbraced.

Remember Brookfield is a stage performer, and has everything to gain by exaggerating his accomplishments. I don't think you will see him entering a grip contest anytime soon.

I don't think Brookfield needs to exaggerate anything. He's the Michael Jordan of the grip world. As far as all around feats of grip strength there is no one even close. He's probably forgotten more knowledge about hand strength than most of us will ever acquire. Some people may be better at specific feats (closing the #4) but as far as all around forget about it. Gavin's forte' seems to be bending nails and he is superhuman at it and my hat is off to him and I don't mean any disrespect to him but if Brookfield concentrated on just bending nails I don't think Gavin would stand a chance. Again no disrespect to Gavin but c'mon, this is Brookfield we're talking about.

Grip is the only sport in the world it seems where the you can supposedly be the best without ever competing. Who is the best at Olympic lifting in the superheavyweight class? Its Rezzazadeh (or which ever way it is spellt). How do we know that? Simple, he enters the toughest competition in the world and he wins it. Your last comment "but c'mon, this is Brookfield we're talking about" means absolutely nothing if you are born and raised outside of the USA, and, by the way, we know what Michael Jordan is capable of because he competes.

"but c'mon, this is Brookfield we're talking about" means absolutely nothing if you are born and raised outside of the USA,

Reply: I'm confused. Are you saying no one other than Americans knows who JB is or are you saying that even though people around the world know who JB is, no one other than Americans recognize John's accomplishments? Either way your way off base. The majority of gripsters have read Mastery of Handstrength, authored by, none other than John Brookfield and a great number of those probably went on to read The Gripmaster's Manual and I doubt all the Non-Americans just think that every JB feat is total BS.

we know what Michael Jordan is capable of because he competes.

Reply: Maybe John should stop giving so much of his time to the Omega Force strength ministries and stop giving demos and witnessing to prisoners and enter some grip contests so people outside the US will know what he is capable of :D I mean feeding his ego and squashing the doubters is much more important than witnessing about the Lord :D . No disrespect to your Loddekopinge Grip Challenge but I'd like to see the winner duplicate some of John's more elite feats.

I have it on good authority that Brookfield starts his bends with a quick, hard brace against his hip and then lifts his hand up to finish the bend unbraced.

Blasphemy! ;) Seriously though, I don't think we can continue to believe that JB is the world's best bender anymore. No-one is sure about his particular bending style and to my knowledge, no-one has seen him bend a red in a long time. With all of the new acomplishments of 2003 (blobs, #4s inch walks, reds, ect), i'm not sure where JB fits in with the world's best.
Maybe John should stop giving so much of his time to the Omega Force strength ministries and stop giving demos and witnessing to prisoners and enter some grip contests so people outside the US will know what he is capable of ... is much more important than witnessing about the Lord

Yeah, it probably would be. Personally I was not aware that JB was affiliated with omega force... he loses a point in my mind just because of this new fact...

Perhaps Mr. Sorin or Jake Brookes has some information on JB? John deserves to be considered a grip legend for all time, but if he wants to be considered one of the world's best right now, he had better be prepared to prove it.

No disrespect to your Loddekopinge Grip Challenge but I'd like to see the winner duplicate some of John's more elite feats.

I think a lot of people would like to see John duplicate his own feats, no one to my mind has seen them. Also, I have from an excellent source that he bends everything braced, odd his rules must be unbraced.

Doesn't matter, the sheriff is back in town with a deputy. There will be no questions, nothing hidden. What am I talking about, have to wait and see.........

I should emphasize that a braced bend of a Red nail, up until the past year or so WAS a "world record bend". John Brookfield is a very strong man. Is he a better bender than Terminator? Does he have as good a crush as Heath? Could he win a major grip contest? Probably not, but he has no incentive to prove himself.

There's an old saying I like "The man on top the mountain didn't fall there".

John is still the man on top the mountain in the minds of most people - is he the best who ever was, is, or ever will be, I doubt it, but I think he deserves respect and I think he earned where he is in the world of grip. If Gavin goes on to be the hands down best bender the world has ever seen, and it sure looks like he will or is, he does it with the help of all those who came before him and John was the only one who came before on the Reds. My hats off to both these guys and all the others who can do feats of grip strength that I probably never will, but what one man does today, gives another man the beleif that it can be done, so he does it too, then others believe and they do it, then someone comes along and goes where no one has gone before, and the process begins anew. Where will it stop, who knows? I know I've done things this past year that I never thought I would, thanks to seeing people on the grip board do them and giving me the faith that I too might try and do them. A couple years ago, closing a #3 was totally world class, and now it's still quite a feat but not really top of the heap anymore. Bending a cut Red - WOW - but a year or two from now let's see how many have done it. As you all have taught me, it's a mental game, and the belief that it can be done is very important, and that comes more easily if it's been done before. Brookfield led the way for us on things, now lets see where it all takes us. Looks like it going to be quite a trip.

Doesn't matter, the sheriff is back in town with a deputy. There will be no questions, nothing hidden. What am I talking about, have to wait and see.........

Reply: I can't wait, if "they" impress you "they" must be really be something. Are you talking about Wade? I know someone referred to him as the sheriff in the amazing hub lift/ pinch grip picture gallery thread.

John Brookfield is a very strong man. Is he a better bender than Terminator? Does he have as good a crush as Heath? Could he win a major grip contest? Probably not, but he has no incentive to prove himself.

Reply: Like I said before there might be others out there that are better at certain feats but as far as all around, I'm not convinced. For example, in the grip contests people keep referring to, the ones that JB hasn't entered, you don't have to take 1st place in every event to win the contest. I would have like to have seen JB concentrate on one specific feat and see what he could've done/do(I don't know how old he is or whether he is past his prime but from what I've read and seen I would say he's substantially older than Gavin or Heath).

ones that JB hasn't entered, you don't have to take 1st place in every event to win the contest. I would have like to have seen JB concentrate on one specific feat and see what he could've done/do(I don't know how old he is or whether he is past his prime but from what I've read and seen I would say he's substantially older than Gavin or Heath).

So what contests has John entered? None. This is like the thread on the OT forum about Bruce Lee's fighting ability.

Personally, the more I learn about Brookfield the less impressed I am. Now "Slim" Farman impresses the heck out of me, without making unverified claims.

Personally, the more I learn about Brookfield the less impressed I am. Now "Slim" Farman impresses the heck out of me, without making unverified claims.

Reply: Don't get me wrong, Slim leaves me in awe as well but what contests has he been in?

Reply: Don't get me wrong, Slim leaves me in awe as well but what contests has he been in?

He hasn't but his "World record" leverages have been done in public at least. And his feats at the AOBS dinner were in front of a very knowledgeable crowd.

I am not saying he is the best grip athlete in the world, but neither does Slim claim to be, except at his lever lifts.

He hasn't but his "World record" leverages have been done in public at least. And his feats at the AOBS dinner were in front of a very knowledgeable crowd.

Reply: Fair enough, but didn't JB tear something like 60 decks of cards in half in a minute on the Today's Show? What about the world record bar coiling he did for Fox News? Surely some people in the national television audience knew something about grip. What about his Guiness Book of World Records performances? There's post on the here somewhere that talks about him wrist curling over 300lbs for 17-18 reps, he obviously didn't post it. Whether you believe JB has the WR in regards to bending cut red nails or not he has plenty of other feats that have been performed IN PUBLIC that may not be official World Records but I don't see many people duplicating them much less topping them anytime soon. I've never heard anything about JB claiming he was the best, he seems entirely too modest. I'm the one that thinks he's the best, ALL-AROUND. I don't want people to think he's arrogant because I'm a fan.

Reply: Fair enough, but didn't JB tear something like 60 decks of cards in half in a minute on the Today's Show? What about the world record bar coiling he did for Fox News? Surely some people in the national television audience knew something about grip. What about his Guiness Book of World Records performances? There's post on the here somewhere that talks about him wrist curling over 300lbs for 17-18 reps, he obviously didn't post it. Whether you believe JB has the WR in regards to bending cut red nails or not he has plenty of other feats that have been performed IN PUBLIC that may not be official World Records but I don't see many people duplicating them much less topping them anytime soon. I've never heard anything about JB claiming he was the best, he seems entirely too modest. I'm the one that thinks he's the best, ALL-AROUND. I don't want people to think he's arrogant because I'm a fan.

Have you read Joe Roark's Inch101? Inch was a very strong man but he was certainly guilty of lying about and exaggerating his feats. Like Brookfield he was a professional strongman with a lot of incentive to do so.

I could show up on the Today show and bend a 7"x3/8" steel bar, but how would the audience know it was annealed unless someone measured the yield strength of the bar?

The only way you can compare bends is the same style (preferably unbraced) with certified steel.

As Heath said, it would be nice to actually see Brookfield duplicate some of these feats, much less someone else do so. It is touching that, as a fan, you have such faith in Brookfield, but I have a feeling that your admiration is misplaced.