long and mid bar bends progression

Max248

longbars.thumb.jpg.ed2eb46d9ae149edcaffdc7c535ad7ce.jpg

Been practicing a long while, heres a 5/8 thick by 36 inches square and a 1/2 by 22 inches square. I feel short bar braced bending has an indirect effect on the long / mid bar bending

• Like 5

I'll just post braced bending in general here. Managed to do a 3/8ths by 10 1/2 inch hrs today. Turns out, my previous bends were actually smaller than 3/8ths.So it it took me a while to bend the actual size.

hrs .jpg

• Like 4

Nice to see some more brace bending on here. Looking forward to seeing your progression 👍💪

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Nice to see some more brace bending on here. Looking forward to seeing your progression 👍💪

Yes is. I’ve only done it a couple times but it’s fun.

I also am looking forward to seeing you progress with braced bending.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Ayy, I noticed the thread had a bunch of benders in the 2000s. It's inspiring what you guys did and still do now, I Might as well write a book on the limits of the human body with what this board and other strength communities have done.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a 1 1/2 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick flat bar, 16.35 inches long. Estwing hammer for comparison. The flat bar I bent last time was actually 3/16 thick, not 1/4. This one is though. 

flat bar.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Here's a 15 inch long flat bar, same dimensions as the last one. The flat bends quite nice, but the crush held me down for a long while. Does any know how tough those 15-inch pry bars are?

image.jpeg

• Like 2