Alexey Voyevoda and his respect for John Brzenk

Alawadhi

I just want to share this quick experience with Alexey.

I was having dinner with the Armwrestlers and talked a lot about life, AW,...etc. I then asked Alexey if he is ready for John in September. I mean wow the man has top notch respect for John. He said something to an extend of "I can never be ready for John. John is a legend and our AW idol, it is because of him we are where we are, and even if I did beat him, it means nothing. He is old. He is not in his prime and his best shape would beat anyone of our best shape. I will always respect him and will always consider him a legend of our sport".

I was blown away! He really is a gentleman and a man of honor. What he said is also true. John is the man!

(P.S. I am not in shape at all and can't train for personal reasons until end of August. I actually stopped training a month of so back. Until the end of August or beginning of September I can go back to my routine of training once to twice a week if I was in the country.)

image.thumb.jpeg.100e23036228efedaa04e9e1366704ce.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

That’s a great story! Also that dude’s arm on the right is so big it looks photoshopped. 

• Like 2

Wait Alawadhi is in this forum? thats neat, i love your videos man 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great picture, looking out of shape next to Morozov, Babken and Voyevoda is pretty normal I would say 😁

• Like 1

I think Voevoda’s respect for Brzenk goes a long way back. Even in the documentary “Pulling John” filmed in 2004 Voevoda expressed how he saw Brzenk as a hero of his.

• Like 4

This photo further illustrates just how massive Morozov is, haha.

Looks like you had a great time! John is indeed the GOAT.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 10:08 PM, Cannon said:

That’s a great story! Also that dude’s arm on the right is so big it looks photoshopped. 

That's Morozov, one of the contenders for number one in the world. He came here in peak shape to face Levan (#1 in the world), but did not because Levan was injured. Instead, they got him Corey West on a short notice but was asked to do it with his left hand, all while he was training with his right. He still managed to beat Corey easily.

On 6/26/2023 at 10:40 PM, Apneaa said:

Wait Alawadhi is in this forum? thats neat, i love your videos man 👍

Yes sir. Thanks.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

That's Morozov, one of the contenders for number one in the world. He came here in peak shape to face Levan (#1 in the world), but did not because Levan was injured. Instead, they got him Corey West on a short notice but was asked to do it with his left hand, all while he was training with his right. He still managed to beat Corey easily.

Yes sir. Thanks.

I watched it last night. That was an incredible performance by Morozov.. He's just a machine... I think they even said that in the post match interview. But its true.