Gripsport latino episode #11: Sam Solomi (phatmuscle coaching) from the UK 🇬🇧

pancho_grip_lift

• Like 8

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Sam and his mother at the 2007 British Grip Championships. As soon as I arrived, I was met by a very upbeat hyperactive enthusiastic 17-year old Sam, who welcomed me and made me feel very comfortable. Steve Gardener hosted, it was at his old place. My wife got there a few hours later, not particularly thrilled or interested in attending a Grip Contest when she couldn’t wait to get to the Chelsea Garden Show. 
i knew I would be able to introduce her to Sam and his Mum with pride, and they all hit it off. She still talks about them, and “follows” Sam on Instagram!

Sam was very strong “as a kid”, but until I saw his Inch Dumbbell Incline Presses video about a year ago, I had no idea he was that strong, as I had lost track of him years ago. Listening to his 1000 KILO powerlifting numbers on this podcast, my mind is truly blown. My son is a former “Elite” Powerlifter, who, the other day, a year after major surgery, deadlifted 650 lbs. for reps at almost Age 42. I can’t wait to tell him about “that kid I met in England” who can DL 100 lbs. more than him.

Sam, I am very happy for your success, and congratulations on being able to make a living doing something you love.

And, it truly is a small world, isn’t it?

Thank you Gripsport Latino once againđź‘Ť

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2023 at 9:25 AM, Hubgeezer said:

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Sam and his mother at the 2007 British Grip Championships. As soon as I arrived, I was met by a very upbeat hyperactive enthusiastic 17-year old Sam, who welcomed me and made me feel very comfortable. Steve Gardener hosted, it was at his old place. My wife got there a few hours later, not particularly thrilled or interested in attending a Grip Contest when she couldn’t wait to get to the Chelsea Garden Show. 
i knew I would be able to introduce her to Sam and his Mum with pride, and they all hit it off. She still talks about them, and “follows” Sam on Instagram!

Sam was very strong “as a kid”, but until I saw his Inch Dumbbell Incline Presses video about a year ago, I had no idea he was that strong, as I had lost track of him years ago. Listening to his 1000 KILO powerlifting numbers on this podcast, my mind is truly blown. My son is a former “Elite” Powerlifter, who, the other day, a year after major surgery, deadlifted 650 lbs. for reps at almost Age 42. I can’t wait to tell him about “that kid I met in England” who can DL 100 lbs. more than him.

Sam, I am very happy for your success, and congratulations on being able to make a living doing something you love.

And, it truly is a small world, isn’t it?

Thank you Gripsport Latino once againđź‘Ť

Thank you my friend! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview!