To Cut or Not to Cut

domedude

I found some non-stamped York roundhead dumbbells, 40's (2 pair), 45's, and 50's for $1.50 a pound.  I was planning on cutting the handles off for light blobs, but I'm wondering if I should just keep them intact and get old rusty heavier hex dumbbells for blob work.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

I wouldn't cut them, not if they are lighter DB's. I wouldn't even do it if they were heavy either.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I wouldn't cut them, not if they are lighter DB's. I wouldn't even do it if they were heavy either.

As someone who does daily searches for non-stamped York roundhead dumbbells on eBay and craigslist, I wouldn't cut them - light or heavy.

Cheap CAP dumbbells with free shipping from Walmart?  Cut away all day.  But not the Yorks...  Not for me anyway.

Thanks for the input.  I do think I'll just keep them intact, at least for now.  Cutting isn't that hard, but un-cutting might be harder :)

• Haha 1

I have a 50 pound blob that’s good for warming up and fun to curl and mess around with. I had a single bent 50 Roundhead and chopped it. 

I don’t think I’d go any lighter than that unless I was making some biscuits for my children to use. 

Also, I’m calling any blob less than 50 pounds a biscuit from now on. 

I don't think I would cut them . I am saying that from a collectors standpoint