Snowman "bomb"grip Contest

Tom of Iowa2

• 3 weeks later...

What a lineup of Pros and amateurs

Anybody on the forum competeing in the strongman contest?

I noticed joel Sward and Dave ostlund in the amateurs....and 3 guys that have been to WSM in the Pro strongman contest??

How about the grip contest?looks like it will be the 8lb.bomb with 50lbs.attached for time.....that might??be a good 'raw' test as most grip guys actually haven't practiced it i suppose?

Joel,

If you see this, please PM me here very soon if you would like to wrap that puny hand of yours around the Millennium dumbell. :D

Joe

Joel,

If you see this, please PM me here very soon if you would like to wrap that puny hand of yours around the Millennium dumbell. :D

Joe

Oh yeah! I don't know how frequently he can log on here so I'll try to get in touch with him and let him know.

BC.

I do not plan to have the Millennium Bell at the Snowman- was thinking of meeting up with Joel elsewhere if he is interested in a try.

He may be on the very short list of those who have a realistic attempt to stand erect with the MB. Mark Henry walked perhaps 6-8 steps with one Inch, Joel went about 25 yards carrying two of them, so it will make an interesting photo...

I thought the bomb (at the Snowman) was gonna be 65lbs + apparatus...

Your weight sounds better suited for the 'type'of hand strength that will be there but I got the 50lbs off a post from John Beatty on another forum.

Possible typo?

I thought the bomb (at the Snowman) was gonna be 65lbs + apparatus...

Your weight sounds better suited for the 'type'of hand strength that will be there but I got the 50lbs off a post from John Beatty on another forum.

Possible typo?

I dunno. We were playing around with it the other Saturday and Sward was saying 65, so that's what we were using. It could be that the Bomb, clip, and loading pin add up to 15 lbs, and so 50+ apparatus = 65? I guess we'll find out next week. I'd love to go and watch the whole show, but I can't make it.

I dunno. We were playing around with it the other Saturday and Sward was saying 65, so that's what we were using. It could be that the Bomb, clip, and loading pin add up to 15 lbs, and so 50+ apparatus = 65? I guess we'll find out next week. I'd love to go and watch the whole show, but I can't make it.

never used one.but 50lbs hanging off a shotput sounds light.

I''m broke and my attorney has advised me not to leave the state.It would be a savage trip with many stops along the way.Dangers lurking behind around every corner.Too many obstacles to possibly overcome.

i'd guess this contest might be between Sward?Schoonveld?Big Tony(that shot put would look like a marble in Tony's hand?)...just guessing.

What sort of weight were you guys pulling?

Sounds like fun.i used to have a softball with a hook in it.Similarly sized....but I threw it in the river.Have know idea what came over me.

We were just holding 65+ the apparatus for time. I couldn't hold it very long, but Sward was pretty close to a minute, IIRC. I really like the burn across the palm that I get with lighter weights after about 30 seconds. I can see it being a really fun item.

We were just holding 65+ the apparatus for time. I couldn't hold it very long, but Sward was pretty close to a minute, IIRC.

With 'only' 50+the shot/apparatus it might be a L O N G contest.....looks like there are some very 'thug like' grips at this show.

I used to hold 45lbs and more with my old softball(wiht an eyehook)device for quite some time but then the softball weight was nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Who won this grip 'thingy'???

A guy from the gym (that competed in the strongman contest) -said it appeared not too many tried it....in hindsight he wished he had.......as he has long 'flat' hands

He also missed out on Sward lifting the Millenium and Schoonvelds attempt....??????so I guess there was a lot going on in a relatively small venue.......

Anybody get any photos of The Beast farmers walk device??He said it as sort of 'funky'...A giant tire with plates loaded in side of it and with handles on it???I guess he lifted it and moved it a few feet and he said about ??10 to 12 guys actually walked it all the way,but ????he had a hell of a time clearing the thing from the ground-cause he's short/long arms and the handle/sidewalls of the tire flexed(he wasn't complaining)...but it would be great to see a photo?

Edited by Tom of Iowa2