Standard Iron

Cannon

1 minute ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I see you share my FOMOOG. Fear Of Missing Out On Grippers. 

PRECISELY!  I missed the first round of Iron because I was "only" following Cannon, not Cannon PowerWorks.  Not taking any chances this time!  😂🤣😅

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cannon said:

The one website that may convince me to get the webwatch app...  😉

On 6/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, Cannon said:

Pt is next. 

Is there an up to date timeline for the next releases? Looking forward to the Cobalt release.

Edited by Mental_Vortex

4 hours ago, Mental_Vortex said:

Is there an up to date timeline for the next releases? Looking forward to the Cobalt release.

Pt will be July. We might get a 2nd level into July which would be Cobalt. 

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, napzor123 said:

When are silver released approx.?

Silver is on the short list. Probably August. 

In general this is all moving so much slower than I wanted. But, it's what we're capable of so I guess that's that. We're going as fast as we can :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand completly, you doing great. Is there any real risk of you running out of the first ones, gold and iron, before the you reached silver? I don’t want to make multiple international orders…

6 hours ago, napzor123 said:

I understand completly, you doing great. Is there any real risk of you running out of the first ones, gold and iron, before the you reached silver? I don’t want to make multiple international orders…

Gold, kind of. Iron, not really. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys if you still haven’t purchased the updated Standards I highly recommend to do so! They’re insanely well made.

26515B42-472E-40C9-867C-7AFDFC0C0630.thumb.jpeg.3469aa9a651365fded3b50d6e5a7ecd7.jpeg

The handles are slightly smaller in diameter, similar to CoCs (around 19mm, half a millimetre smaller). I enjoy closing them much more with this handle diameter, feels just right in my hand!

The pins are so well-placed and clean that I’m wondering how the hell they were put in there without scuffing the handles at all 😄 Super-sturdy design, no slipping handles or malfunctioning glue, as pioneered my Mr. Tetting! 

Although the pervious lineup is discounted and sort of a collectible now, I’ll be swapping it for the new one when the other resistances come out! 

CC3B441A-39C6-4046-BAB7-39882247455F.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alex K said:

Guys if you still haven’t purchased the updated Standards I highly recommend to do so! They’re insanely well made.

Second that.  My Standard Gold (RGC 96) fills the gap between my CoC #1 (RGC 80) and CoC #2 (RGC 108) very nicely.

Looking forward to picking up a Standard Platinum to fill a similar gap on the way up to my Standard Iron (RGC 135).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Yes the new handles are a bit thinner and nicer...makes the original standards feel more like RB now

Haha not quite that big but I know what you mean. 

The type of knurling we use is formed not cut. Cut knurling exists but we couldn’t get it to look good. So both Tom and Justin used formed knurling which means the machine squishes up the points. So knurling a bar actually slightly increases the final diameter. Tom just ran the knurling right on the 3/4” bar stock which brought just slightly above 3/4”. Tetting did this as well so the old Standards are very similar to Tetting handle thickness. 

For Justin, he had to turn down a consistent surface onto the bar so the knurling would be uniform and track well. This slightly reduces the initial diameter below 3/4” and then the formed knurling brings it back up to 3/4”. 

Keen eyes all around. That is the slight difference you’re noticing. 

We greatly appreciate the review @Alex K. Thank you so much. :)

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 3:42 AM, Cannon said:

Pt will be July. We might get a 2nd level into July which would be Cobalt. 

Perhaps I'm being too literal...but just checking on a Platinum ETA.

2 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Perhaps I'm being too literal...but just checking on a Platinum ETA.

We have handles made for Pt, Co, Sn and Zn. They have been at the finishing company for 2 weeks! Their turnaround has been much better than that so this is surprising. Although this whole re-issue project has been filled with so many surprises that maybe we shouldn't be surprised anymore. :) 

All four of those levels will come one right after the other and it just has to be August and likely soon. The finishing company could call any day that the parts are done. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We have handles made for Pt, Co, Sn and Zn.  ...  All four of those levels will come one right after the other and it just has to be August and likely soon. The finishing company could call any day that the parts are done. 

Thanks for the update, Matt!  So is this chart from an old blog post still a good estimate for average ratings we may see?  Just curious...

Cannon Standard Gripper Chart.png

3 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Thanks for the update, Matt!  So is this chart from an old blog post still a good estimate for average ratings we may see?  Just curious...

Cannon Standard Gripper Chart.png

Yes. Except we might move Titanium on purpose. The 170 to 180 space is pretty well-serviced and 180+ less so. I think Titanium would be better up there. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...