Standard Gold

gerryg

1 hour ago, gerryg said:

I just ordered a Standard Gold pinned handle, hint hint!

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered mine, too. I got mine Filed and rated. Hoping it's 100 lbs

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

Hoping it's 100 lbs

Thanks for the order. Every one of these I have rated so far was 95 or 96 so the filed gripper is going to be in that neighborhood. 100-102. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Every one of these I have rated so far was 95 or 96

image.gif.81ad78193d469cff879cba2c77fcd476.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

Thanks for the order. Every one of these I have rated so far was 95 or 96 so the filed gripper is going to be in that neighborhood. 100-102. 

Can you forecast yet as to enough inventory for any pre-rated grippers. I’m pretty OCD about 5 lb increments on the rating tag, I keep stalking for that 90, 95 🤪

2 minutes ago, Pryderi said:

Can you forecast yet as to enough inventory for any pre-rated grippers. I’m pretty OCD about 5 lb increments on the rating tag, I keep stalking for that 90, 95 🤪

I will get another batch of pre-rated posted still this month. It will include some Gold. 95 will be easy. 90 will be hard. 

• Like 4

Now I also want a Gold just because pinned handles look so good. I will get one with the next order.👍

48 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I will get another batch of pre-rated posted still this month. It will include some Gold. 95 will be easy. 90 will be hard. 

Because the handles are pinned now, we can easily make the grippers a little bit lighter, right (since no glue)? Going for an exact number is not feasible without a rating device, of course. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, matek said:

Because the handles are pinned now, we can easily make the grippers a little bit lighter, right (since no glue)?

Tell me more about what you mean here. :phone

6 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Tell me more about what you mean here. :phone

Sorry, based on your response, it seems like I misunderstood what "pinned" means. I never owned a Tetting, so I didn't know. 
I thought it was essentially the same system you have for the adjustables, so it could be loosened with Allen keys. So I thought even if the handles are drilled to flush, going lower is an option.

Edited by matek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matek said:

Sorry, based on your response, it seems like I misunderstood what "pinned" means. I never owned a Tetting, so I didn't know. 
I thought it was essentially the same system you have for the adjustables, so it could be loosened with Allen keys. So I thought even if the handles are drilled to flush, going lower is an option.

Oh, nope, but it seems like we're on the same page now. The handles are semi-permanently pinned in place. I say "semi" because you can knock them out and take the handle off, but at your own peril. If they don't go back on nice... you're on your own. We don't recommend taking them apart. :) 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 11:11 AM, matek said:

@acorn made a few exactly like this.  Took the pins out of some Tetting grippers, replaced them with screws that could be loosened and then tightened with Allen keys so you could adjust the mount on the grippers.  

• Like 4

For anyone who is interested, here are a couple of examples of those modified grippers, an SE and E. 

PXL_20220421_020517551.jpg

PXL_20220421_020525222.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, bdckr said:

@acorn made a few exactly like this.  Took the pins out of some Tetting grippers, replaced them with screws that could be loosened and then tightened with Allen keys so you could adjust the mount on the grippers.  

Thanks for remembering. I converted literally 100's of grippers like that. I believe if I remember right I started doing the conversions and working out the related kinks in 2008 or 2009.

• Like 5