Does TNS Improve CCS?

AdriaanRobert96

So I’ve thought about it for a while and I feel like it makes sense, let’s say you add 20 - 40 rgc on your TNS..

Would it be likely that your CCS and even wide set would benefit?

I mean if I would be tns my 175+ rgc #3.5 (I am far off btw) I would imagine my CCS and or even wide set would go up by anything from 10-40 rgc..

Then again, correct my ignorance and if I missed anything here.. I just like to drop down into these theories.

• Like 1

I've only really seen people say TNS helps your CCS, from my own experience I would have to agree. Although it also matters which grippers you TNS / CCS, if you're training to CCS a #3.5. Then doing TNS work with a narrower gripper like HG350 for example wouldn't be the best idea, in my opinion. But if you're training TNS on grippers that are as wide as CoC or wider, then it definitely has carryover to CCS.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I've only really seen people say TNS helps your CCS, from my own experience I would have to agree. Although it also matters which grippers you TNS / CCS, if you're training to CCS a #3.5. Then doing TNS work with a narrower gripper like HG350 for example wouldn't be the best idea, in my opinion. But if you're training TNS on grippers that are as wide as CoC or wider, then it definitely has carryover to CCS.

Alright alright, then I am on the right path, thanks for the feedback :D

It’s one of my goals further down the road to work with tns for a while and see how it goes for me.

• Like 1

As a rule, each set type will help with - that set type.

I'd suggest training each and all of the them, as I've been doing now. Work on performing each set type, and hitting new PRs with each. I think this will give the most well-rounded grip strength, and from my personal experience, has translated to huge gains, variety, and enjoyment.

TNS
CCS
38mm Block
MMS (20mm block)
Deep Set
Choked
Filed
Strap holds / Long holds
Kinney style closes

Doing all of these should work every possible range of motion, and help with achieving various certifications.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jared P said:

As a rule, each set type will help with - that set type.

I'd suggest training each and all of the them, as I've been doing now. Work on performing each set type, and hitting new PRs with each. I think this will give the most well-rounded grip strength, and from my personal experience, has translated to huge gains, variety, and enjoyment.

TNS
CCS
38mm Block
MMS (20mm block)
Deep Set
Choked
Filed
Strap holds / Long holds
Kinney style closes

Doing all of these should work every possible range of motion, and help with achieving various certifications.

Yep, that definitely makes sense🫡Thanks bud