Tetting Grippers Info & Value

VintageWeightsPGH

I’m new to grippers, but obsessed with older weights and equipment. So naturally, I’m curious about Warren Tetting grippers. Does anyone have a general sense of their value? For example, this pair is on eBay right now. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374691241279?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=90pd25setee&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=BJHoUhO1QQK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

@Cannon would likely be the best source of information on this.

As far as my opinion, value = the price people are willing to pay (which includes personal and objective factors such as rarity, quality, personal interest, aesthetics, condition, etc).

The value of Tetting grippers will likely only increase with time, as after Warren's passing, there is now a finite supply - forever.

I paid $340 for my 3 Tetting grippers:
MM1 replica - $120
MM2 replica - $120
Elite - $100

All in Like New to Very Good condition. Whether or not this is their actual value, or higher or lower than what I paid, is all determined by the market and desirability I suppose. To me, I really wanted some Tetting grippers in my collection, and I was definitely willing to pay this price.

I believe their value has even gone up from there, as I purchased them 1 year ago, and more people have made their way into the gripper world since then (due to things like exposure from the Larry Wheels/Ivan Cuk video, professional armwrestling, YouTube, etc), and the demand for Tetting grippers have gone up substantially.

Edited by Jared P
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jared P said:

@Cannon would likely be the best source of information on this.

As far as my opinion, value = the price people are willing to pay (which includes personal and objective factors such as rarity, quality, personal interest, aesthetics, condition, etc).

The value of Tetting grippers will likely only increase with time, as after Warren's passing, there is now a finite supply - forever.

I paid $340 for my 3 Tetting grippers:
MM1 replica - $120
MM2 replica - $120
Elite - $100

All in Like New to Very Good condition. Whether or not this is their actual value, or higher or lower than what I paid, is all determined by the market and desirability I suppose. To me, I really wanted some Tetting grippers in my collection, and I was definitely willing to pay this price.

I believe their value has even gone up from there, as I purchased them 1 year ago, and more people have made their way into the gripper world since then (due to things like exposure from the Larry Wheels/Ivan Cuk video, professional armwrestling, YouTube, etc), and the demand for Tetting grippers have gone up substantially.

Thanks for the response. When people ask me how much various weights are worth, I respond with similar thoughts 😂

I should’ve phrased it better. Possible range of pricing. Something like that. So your response is very helpful to get a feel for what I might pay. 

I appreciate the insight!