Baby Inch Dumbbells

domedude

On 6/25/2023 at 4:29 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Strength shop makes globe dbs that are similar but i think they have a flat spot  on the globes so you don't get that rotation to you with inch replicas.  

They also have a much longer handle.  They do not count as "replicas" on David Horne's list, that's for sure.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:16 PM, Douglas Carney said:

Based on a quick search, Jacob Sahlaney had dumbbells available thru Fat Bastard Barbell Co.

And Steve Slater may have made Inch replicas prior to his MonsterBell line.  I'd have to do more research to firm up details.

Steve Slater definitely makes Inch Dumbbells still.  The 172 size.  Jason Adamski is the other guy that makes the various sizes of Inch Bells.

If anybody is interested in an Inch Bell, I can get the ball rolling if you email me at jedd.diesel@gmail.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A guy in NYC just posted on marketplace.  He's got what looks like some loadable Inch dumbbells and two matching barbells.  He doesn't know who made them, and they look well-used, but if anyone lives near there it might be worth checking out.  Probably not worth me driving from Texas, but I'd like to have one of the dumbbells if someone goes and buys them.No description available.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

Steve Slater definitely makes Inch Dumbbells still.  The 172 size.  Jason Adamski is the other guy that makes the various sizes of Inch Bells.

If anybody is interested in an Inch Bell, I can get the ball rolling if you email me at jedd.diesel@gmail.com

For those of you that are capable of lifting these, how much correlation is there between a loaded rolling handle and an actual thick bar dumbbell?  If you hit 172 on a Rolling Thunder, for example, does that ensure a lift with an actual 172 lb Inch ?

14 hours ago, RITParent15 said:

For those of you that are capable of lifting these, how much correlation is there between a loaded rolling handle and an actual thick bar dumbbell?  If you hit 172 on a Rolling Thunder, for example, does that ensure a lift with an actual 172 lb Inch ?

Rolling Thunder, the worst rolling handle on the market, is a bad indicator because you never know how much they will roll.

The handle that has served to be most accurate, in my experience, is the 2.5 Crusher.  If you can do 172-175 on it, you should be able to lift the Inch.

But understand that rolling handles have a very short pull distance compared to the Inch, so the strength-time factor is not the same.  The best way to train for the Inch Dumbbell is with the Inch.  If you don't have an Inch, then the best way is with a simple plate loadable dumbbell that is about 2 & 3/8 to 2.5" thick.  No need for a million different gadgets.

• Like 5

On 6/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

They also have a much longer handle.  They do not count as "replicas" on David Horne's list, that's for sure.

I really don't get why the guys at strength shop just doesn't get a real mold done. I mean their shipping prices are the best you can get. If they could make atleast a real replica, there would be so many more Inches out there now.

29 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I really don't get why the guys at strength shop just doesn't get a real mold done. I mean their shipping prices are the best you can get. If they could make atleast a real replica, there would be so many more Inches out there now.

No clue.  You'd have to take that up with them.

37 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Rolling Thunder, the worst rolling handle on the market, is a bad indicator because you never know how much they will roll.

The handle that has served to be most accurate, in my experience, is the 2.5 Crusher.  If you can do 172-175 on it, you should be able to lift the Inch.

But understand that rolling handles have a very short pull distance compared to the Inch, so the strength-time factor is not the same.  The best way to train for the Inch Dumbbell is with the Inch.  If you don't have an Inch, then the best way is with a simple plate loadable dumbbell that is about 2 & 3/8 to 2.5" thick.  No need for a million different gadgets.

Thanks for the detail and the reasoning!  Great explanation!

1 hour ago, RITParent15 said:

Thanks for the detail and the reasoning!  Great explanation!

Yepperrrrr