Grade 5 Bolts In The Uk?

stephen aish

hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone has located "graded" bolts in the UK, like the ones mentioned here -the grade 2/grade 5/grade 8 etc.?

if not, is there an equivalent i can use. i currently train with the "M" bolts M6/M8/M10 etc. and have recently found a site that sells them with only the last inch threaded rather than 60% of the bolt. these are still the cup head bolts and have no markings on the head.

hopefully these will be good fun to progress on -i did order 600 as a start :D

if i cant find any-what is the average strength in lb of a grade 5 (like the one in Jedd's vid and on Bender's website with the markings on the head) so i can at least see how close i am while searching for them.

thanks for your help and advice

stephen

what is the average strength in lb of a grade 5 (like the one in Jedd's vid and on Bender's website with the markings on the head) so i can at least see how close i am while searching for them.

David Horne calibrated one using his 70 degree bend method at, I believe 212.5 kilos or so.