Loadable Football Helments

SHRUG

Does anyone know who makes the best quality (Able to handle the most weight) loadable football helment for training the neck. Please list whatever company you can think of, I would like to compare several different ones before I decide which one to buy. :rock

I remember the actor Chris Penn wearing one in the movie, "The Wild Life". :D

Everybody,

Here's the entire scoop on building a neck helmet:

Parts needed:

1. Hockey or football helmet that fits very snug. A double strap chincup assembly works best (two straps per side)

2. 3/4" pipe floor flange

3. Approx. 8" piece of 3/4" threaded pipe

4. Nuts, bolts, and washers to fit the flange. Remember that the bolts will go through the top of the helmet and the flange, so get them the right length. I can't tell you what length to get, since different helmets have individual dimensions.

5. One dumbbell collar and weight plates with 1" hole (standard)

You want the pipe to stick up from the top of the helmet like a "unicorn". It's best if the pipe tilts slightly forward 10-15 degrees.

Place the flange on top of the helmet and mark the hole locations. Drill the holes in the helmet, and try not to ruin the internal padding. Push the bolts through from the inside out the top, and place the flange in position. Remember to use washers on both sides of the helmet material. Bolt the flange onto the helmet. Thread in the piece of pipe.

You're done.

Load the pipe with weight plates to use the helmet. Be sure to secure the plates with the collar before use!!