First Time GHP7 Close!

DoctorOfCrush

Ok, so I don't usually post PR's to the main board, and I know this is no huge gripper, but this was a big close for me. I think it's because I am finally getting into the grippers that I can begin to get certified on. GHP7 has always loomed large and is on par with CoC 3 in my head. Granted it's not an MMS, but I'm super pumped right now. 

image.jpeg.c01ad4b106fd56c6b03cf7cee31d3d88.jpeg

• Like 17

Hell yea dude! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats dude and a ghp 7 is a huge gripper.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congrats man! Definitely a big deal, in my eyes. I would/will feel the same way when I reach that level in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right on killer dude

nice work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!  I know exactly what you mean because it wasn't that long ago for me.  May you cert soon and often!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can do MM0 with that gripper once you feel secure with a parallel set, then widen your close and get the GHP7 cert, then MM1, then MM2, then COC 3, etc.  Each step is pretty close to the last until COC3 but I think the next cert above that is a big jump -- GHP8, MM3, COC 3.5 are all a very large step beyond COC 3 I think (haven't gotten to any of them yet and not expecting that I ever will.).

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

You can do MM0 with that gripper once you feel secure with a parallel set, then widen your close and get the GHP7 cert, then MM1, then MM2, then COC 3, etc.  Each step is pretty close to the last until COC3 but I think the next cert above that is a big jump -- GHP8, MM3, COC 3.5 are all a very large step beyond COC 3 I think (haven't gotten to any of them yet and not expecting that I ever will.).

Thanks for laying out the progression @Vinnie.  Once I get up to this level, I have a game plan.

And congrats again @DoctorOfCrush!  Strong, solid close!

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah, this is my rough game plan. For silly nostalgic reasons, I want to do my MM0 on my 150 CoC 3, so maybe by that time I’ll be at a wider set on my GHP7, nearing the cert. And if I wait till 150 for the MM0, I figure I’ll be just about ready for MM1. I feel like this is pretty far off, so I’m not getting too ahead of myself just yet. 

Edited by DoctorOfCrush
  • Like 3