Testing grip strength of olympic weightlifters (113 kg top score)

Stephen Ruby

At around 2:30 he mentioned that Gor Minasyan had the highest mark at 113kg. It looks like they are using the GM150. With that power that is still pretty good for I imagine someone who has never trained grip specifically and would put him in the top 100 best marks on that device https://grippermania.ru/gm150/ranking#m-abs

Now Gor is not a tall athlete at 5'11 so might not have large hands. I would be really curious to see how lasha talakhadze would perform on the device being nearly 2 meters tall and over 400 lbs and arguably the great weightlifter of all time. I would also be curious to see how high Carl Myerscough would score on the device I would imagine he would be able to beat Vitaliy Laletin. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 1:57 PM, Stephen Ruby said:

At around 2:30 he mentioned that Gor Minasyan had the highest mark at 113kg. It looks like they are using the GM150. With that power that is still pretty good for I imagine someone who has never trained grip specifically and would put him in the top 100 best marks on that device https://grippermania.ru/gm150/ranking#m-abs

Now Gor is not a tall athlete at 5'11 so might not have large hands. I would be really curious to see how lasha talakhadze would perform on the device being nearly 2 meters tall and over 400 lbs and arguably the great weightlifter of all time. I would also be curious to see how high Carl Myerscough would score on the device I would imagine he would be able to beat Vitaliy Laletin. 

I know this post is old but that is a very interesting video. Thanks for sharing. 

If Carl ever tried I think he would get 180kg+

Nathan holle has done 174kg on the GM.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2